Post split-created from Zelda: Twilight Princess on Sunday, July 8th, 2007
On Friday, December 22nd, 2006, my Mom went shopping. She managed to find a Wii from Gamecrazy, at 2:30 or so PM, while 5 other people were in the store. She got:
Nintendo Wii Game System, with bonus Wii Sports disc
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2
Call of Duty III (though I've never played a CoD game before)
Extra Wii Remote
Two Nunchuk attachments
Two Classic Controllers (future-proof), and
$78 in tax and warranty.
It came up to $597 total. And I still need an SD card. $12.99+S&H for a 2 GB...I will trade her one of her cards for the 2 GB card. Our camera needs more storage more than the Wii right now, right?
According to Nintendo:
"Important Note: If you are using rechargeable batteries, the only type of battery recommended are Nickel Metal Hydride batteries. When it comes to using rechargeable batteries, you must follow manufacturer guidelines for safety and proper usage. Failure to do so could cause damage to the Wii Remote and void the warranty."
We had some rechargable NiMH AA's laying around, so we're gonna use those in the Wiimotes. Oh boy, they're gonna get heavier. THANKS A LOT, GOD!
That isn't to say that they're too heavy right now. I've read consistently that the Nintendo Gamecube controller is the most ergonomically comfortable controller on the market (possibly not the most functional). I assume this is true, because I've never seen anyone challenge it.
However, the Wii Remote just completely blows any traditional paddle out of the water. Get it? Paddle? Water? Hah, boating humor. Anyhoo, do you have any idea how comfortable it is being able to have your arms spread a little bit whilst laying at an angle playing video games?
Very comfortable. Plus, the Wii Remote feels fantastic in your hand. The Nunchuk attachment as well. I am disappointed by the Classic Controller's two analog sticks- they're so far to the bottom...I don't know, they would be better placed in the middle of the controller, or maybe I'm just not used to the controller. It seems too slippery for the analog sticks to be so far to the bottom.
Sunday, December 31, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment