Sunday, January 04, 2009

Marshmallows that Roast in the Rain

Today it was raining. All over Arizona. It waz so crazy, I had to spell 'was' with an "z". A "z". Sorry.

So, being one to be taken with certain oddball songs, I got all nostalgic and asked Mrs. dataDyne and Manny Hitman if they had a recipe for marshmallows that roast in the rain. They looked at me funny. That's a red sign for a condition I call "everyone around Kev has suddenly been afflicted with disunderstandistic misunderstandism." At this point, nobody can form coherent sentences and usually accuses me of being acutely nuts.

I managed to distract them and make a clever escape ("I have to go"). I'm so subtle, it hurts.


Anyway, I remember stories where a wife would read a book- and in this book, it would say "a stew made with cubed beef, beef broth, carrots, potatoes, celeries (sic) and garlicks, as well a nary a not a little onion." And that's where beef stew came from. I figure it's the same with music. Or songs. So I figure there'd be a recipe, or something. The song is called Escape (The Marshmallows Roasted in the Rain song.) Lyrics, maestro.


"If you like pate de foie gras, and marshmallows that roast in the rain.
And the feel of the ocean, and the taste of champagne."

I guess they never heard the song*. That's good.





*-note: I have precisely zero affection or affinity for this song.

No comments: