Monday, June 23, 2008

"Hey! It's Michael "Kev" Jackson!"

Yeah...remember the wound I have in my hand? It's starting to heal, but is still bursting apart and hurts. It likes germs.


Well, I had to go to church with this wound. And ever the do-gooder I am, I felt I should wear a glove. I did not wear one while playing guitar, but I wore one later. My reason for not wearing one while guitaring? Michael "Kev" Jackson. See the picture.



It began slowly enough. I think Mrs. Bruckner was the first one to mention it- "Are you Michael Jackson?" Then Lisa dataDyne mentioned it ("Are you trying to be like Michael Jackson?"), and pretty much everyone mentioned it, none seeming to hear that someone had already asked me this question, except for the Row of Four, which is The Hitman's and Carrot Top and his wife. I was trying my best not to give them all a horrible case of the contagious tetanus, and they thought I was Michael Jackson!

Then I had to get my bible bag. But I was smart this time: I whipped out a second glove. "I'd rather be Mickey Mouse or Bugs Bunny with two gloves than Michael Jackson with two!" I rushed into the room and out again as fast as I could, but I couldn't avoid the swift questioning of one girl.

"What's with the gloves?" she asked. "Well," I began. "I have a wound in my right hand, and I don't want everyone getting tetanus, so I wore a glove. But when I wore the one glove, everyone thought I was Michael Jackson. So I decided I'd rather have two gloves and be accused of being Mickey Mouse than to be accused of being Michael Jackson. That's why I have two gloves on now. I hope I explained that well." I exited the room; silence. I spoke very quickly, and I think I left them dumbfounded, wondering how I went from tetanus to Michael Jackson to Mickey Mouse.


That's about it. As a final sword-to-the-heart...as my guitar teacher drove away...I heard the chorus racketing from his car: "THRILLER!"



I hate [most] flesh wounds.

No comments: