Saturday, January 27, 2007

It's been a long week

It's been about a week, right? Uhh, it counts as a 'long' week because it's been eight days. Yay. You see, that makes the title both witty and true!

It's a long post, a weeks worth, plus babbling.

To start off, about five days ago I ordered some CDs. I ordered 'Go', 'Adoration: The Worship Album', 'Going Public', and 'Devotion', all by by Newsboys. And I got 'Welcome to Diverse City' by Tobymac.
My mom got 'Brave' by Nichole Nordeman.

So far, they're all here except Go. The one I want most. Hah...anyways, Welcome to Diverse City seems to be our favorite, and the others aren't really ranking yet, as we have only listened to one or two songs. We got them off of Half.com, so the total for all six was like $45. Smooth.




I've neglected to mention this, but my Dad is in jail. Pwnt huh? It was for DUI 10 or 11 years ago. He got out on probation, then comitted probation violation...he's been on the Lamb since. Haha! Get it?! It was a pun! On the Lamb! Get it?...okay. So he quit drinking shortly after. One day he was listening to a station he never listened to. They talked about an Arizona Safe Surrender. Basically, they have you come in, give you a false sense of security, then beat you down the next day. Basically.

He then swithed the station to another he never listens to- K-love. 105.5 to be exact. They're positive and encouraging (or else)...and he was promptly bombarded with songs like "You will lead, I will follow," "I'll Trust You, Lord," "Take the leap of Faith," "Don't worry about tomorrow." His words: "I was like: Alright, I get it already!"

So, the following Monday, he turned himself in. We didn't expect the arrest. It just never occured to us. God blinded us. I liken it to being blindfolded, then shoved off a cliff. Backwards. And there is a freeway at the bottom of the cliff you're falling into. With nothing but 18-wheelers on it. Going really fast.

We got a real tough judge. A Woman judge.

Now, if there's one thing I've learned from Samus Aran, it's that woman can be unrealistically destructive. So I had no doubt whenever I heard the rumors of the judge. "Oh, one time, she sentenced someone to death for running to try and catch a bus. In china. So just imagine what she can do in her own country and state!"

My mom woke up at 12:30 AM and hired a Lawyer. God must have told her to, because we got like, their best lawyer. It costed $2,500. She was a woman lawyer too. Samus also taught me that women can convince things to do things by pure, raw force. You know, like die.

Speaking of Ms. Aran
. Oh baby. /drool

Just incase you're scared, which I might be in a case such as this, it's just a statue. A suited statue. I reiterate, oh baby.

I can't believe the $99 price tag seems low...Ah, curses! Where would I even put it. Pff, we all know. Right next to my dead 'cube. I would make a trophy case.

So the lawyer needed stuff, character witnesses, stuff like that, etcetera, on and on blah blah I won't bore you with the details. They wanted to give him 2.5 years, I think. He got three months and three years probation. God really blessed us with that sentence. He's currently a month into his sentence. My mom has a counter on her blog. 58 days to go!

To make things even better, he's out on Work Furlough right now. That means he gets to work a job but has to go back to the jail every day. We can have lunch with him if we play our cards right. That makes things easier, plus he can use my cellphone, and we won't have to pay the outrageous $500 phone bills. That's right, our phone bill was over $500. Jails' phones are mean to wallets...Praise God we could afford to stuff them on the credit card until we can make up the cash. It woulda sucked not being able to talk to him.

So anyways, we went on a few trips into the big city this week. We were helping my dad look for a job. It was kinda boring, but it was worth it to spend a few hours with him. Lots of waiting in the car, though. I've been thinking of getting a DS Lite recently, but I'm not sure. That woulda been the perfect opportunity to 'rent' one from 'Walmart' and 'test it out.' I guess New Super Mario Brothers would have been the game of choice. Rumors are the DS is as much fun as the Wii. I am a scoffer.


I'm listening to Newsboys' album Going Public. I wish my mom didn't have Adoration and Shine with her in the car. Curses!!!




So, there's something else I've not revealed yet on the blog. I really like blogging. Not just blogging, but computer stuff in general. I mean, typing, creating. You know what I mean...it helps me to express my artistic side, I guess. Plus, I don't have any friends that play videogames, and I make a point of not talking to people online. More on that much later.

Also, I want to do Flash animations. Ever since I first saw a Flash animation, and it was probably, oh, let's see...I don't know, back in '02. I thought Flash was some real crazy thing that only the elite could do. Then recently I expressed my dream of doing Flash animations to my mom and she gave me a copy of Flash.

I'm not entirely sure if this is a good version of Flash I'm using. I think I need one higher for it to be of any use, and preferably I'd want to get one of the newer versions...I should start saving, right? It's Flash MX 2003. I think I want a version of Professional...couldn't cost too much.

Man, that drawing of FN is dead-on for how she looks. I don't know how I managed that. Eyebrows a little smaller, and it'll be perfect. And better hair. That works for the first draft though. Ownage.
I got a name for her, by the way. Nessa; it means "Miracle" in hebrew. Before I knew it meant that I was strongly considering it, then I found out and it sealed the deal. Others are Jamie and Dan. She'll mostly be called "Ness" 'cause Nessa is too long. You'll find out more later maybe. I'm real greedy with my secrets and plots though. Should she be a jew? I don't think so. Then she would own too much. Then again.

I'm somewhat obsessed with this Flash idea. TA, for "Team A...something." They don't know, as their superior won't tell them. I can spend hours a day thinking up scenarios to throw them into. I don't plan to start production for at least a year. At least. I need to make a rough draft thing, then work on the script, and I'm planning to get books on Anatomy.


......you know, like Action Anatomy: For Gamers, Animators, and Digital Artists and Animal Drawing: Anatomy and Action for Artists. The animal drawing is so that I can hopefully gleam some idea of how to draw the heavies in the Flash. The Action Anatomy is so that, well, have you ever seen a chick jumping around beating people senseless? Of course-- we've all watched Kim Possible. How does she do it? Well, she throws people. Somehow...she manages to...some...how...well, anything's possible when you're a Possible, right?

I think I have an idea for how Ness will be throwing things and people and taking punches and jumping real high. And it isn't years of being a cheerleader...but it's very important to understand how people move, and have a reference. I hope the book works out. Can you believe I have to invent a monster? I am going to be accused of copying Space Pirates, but in reality I'm copying the Mantids. Pwnt. The monster is original though...I guess......

Another book is Acting for Animators. I assume it teaches you how to act...or how people act. I need to know how to make slight gestures, as that will sometimes be Ness' main form of communication. You know how that girl in Monster House looked at that one dude when he discovered the house was a girl house? That sort of stuff. I haven't ordered any of these books yet, as I'm waiting on 'renting' a DS Lite (I may decide a DS isn't for me, not likely). Acting for Animators is tops on my list though.

So anyways, I'm really looking forward to learning to draw. Almost obsessively. But to draw I need a desk, and a tablet (for mountains, some hair, rough drafts of stuff, hand-drawn stuff, oh you get the idea), a mouse and, most importantly, a chair.


If I love all this stuff so much, why don't I do it, is the question. Well, the thing is, my legs hurt me when I sit down. Sometimes they don't, but oft-times they do. It makes it impossible to concentrate, and I can't really sit. This has been going on for 1-2 years, and it's what caused me to get this laptop. I can drive just fine though, for some reason. Hmm.

To draw, you can't use a laptop's touchpad (although I drew Nessa's face and the forest background and the checkerboard with it- it was a pain). You need at least a mouse, and if you wanna be any good a tablet for mountains and trees and stuff. To use a mouse or tablet, you need a desk, right? And a desk means you have to sit at the desk. Thus is my problem.

It was fine until recently, it started acting up again. Not only that, but the Wii is best played sitting upright, right?

So I can't really play the Wii right. Infact, alot of games are deminished in fun severely because I can't sit up if I want to (at least not for long). And typing is harder because, well, you're supposed to sit at a desk for maximum comfort.

If I can't play the Wii comfortably, well, that means I won't be able to play Metroid Prime 3 comfortably, and that isn't going to fly, Napolean, just like your idea for the rocket sword.

My mom has been trying to convince me I should see a doctor for a while...I was of course skeptical. My skepticism proved correct, as the doctor had to send me to another doctor, a dermatologist, in Phoenix. Okay, mostly proved correct.

It was a...you guessed it, a woman doctor. I don't fear women. I would say it's more of a healthy respect, such as fire. I'm haunted by them, though. If I had a poltergeist in my house, it would be a chick poltergeist. If I ever get hit by a car, it will have been driven by a chick. Believe it.

So she thinks she's identified the cause. It's some sort of skin disease. She says it's somewhat common, and once you have it, you have it. It causes inflammation of the legs, and that's what is causing the pain. She also says that it acts up this time of year. She needed to take skin samples to confirm it though.


Yeah, gonna scrape some skin off, right? Hehe, Doc, stop looking at me like that. Heh. Stop it. "Listen, Kev, we've gonna need to take a 4 mm round out of your flesh. Two of them." What?! I didn't sign up for this! NOO! MOMMY! DON'T SIGN THE PAPERS! NOOOOOOOOO!

So she went out of the room, then an assistant came in with two needles, alcohol, scissors, tweezers (BIG ONES!), another pair of scissors, several blood-absorbing napkins, two bottles of some sort of fluid that preserves flesh, and a bit.

She told me to bite down hard and it'll help the pain. Now I need to see a dentist. Haha! Get it? A bit?

So she shot me up with some tranquilizers, and before I knew it I had some maaad blurred vision, and every time I would breath I would hear it echo. That's another joke. You know, like when, in Perfect Dark, you get shot with a tranquilizer gun and it makes your screen blurry. It's a joke. Like the part about the bit.

Then, and I didn't watch, she took two rounds out of my flesh. A quarter inch deep. See, no-one told me that. And 4mm is, apparently, 1/8th of an inch around. Ouch. Afterwards, I was in stitches! AHAHHAHAHahh1!11
Oh boy, whew. *wipes tear from eye*

Seriously though, they gave me a stitch in each hole. It looks so creepy, all red and inflamish and black thread looking like a bug of some sort. I accused her of implanting me with a bug, it looks so much like antennae. I feel so creeped out by having been sewed up. Invasive, minor surgery is what it is! She then put tape over the stiching. It is falling off, so I asked my Mom to pick some up for me. Until then, I have to pile as many germs as I can into it. Wish me luck.

The results will be back in ten days, and I'm scheduled to see her again in two weeks. If it is in fact what she thought (roughly, a form of psoriasis), it should be as simple as treating it to stop the inflammation. You have to take the meds forever, though. We'll see about that.

But if that's the case, I'll be able to finally work on my drawing skills. It seems simple. I mean, look at how great Nessa's face turned out, and that was when I barely knew anything about drawing, except that eyes are bigger for girls, and left and right eyes/eyebrows/ears usually look the exact same. I need a book on drawing hair. I bet a book like The Complete Idiot's Guide to Drawing Manga, Illustrated would do nicely.

Man, 'Elle G.' by Newsboys is sad...tear sad, not 'lame-attempt' sad. Note: Any songs like "Sarah," named after someone are usually going to be real sad and involve a suicide or two. Ohh, man, this song is going to be PERFECT for one scene in TA. And I mean it. Absolutely perfect. But I won't ruin it for you, or me.
"Silence all, Nobody breathe." Aww-yeah, that's what I, personally, call fitting a song to a scene. Except it's 5 minutes long. I can do a five-minute scene though. Horribly rushed...or desperately long. Then again, time goes by faster than it seems it does, and I can do slow-motion, or just have all the cops get slaughtered.

...then again, I think I've pretty much ruled out the possibilities of Ness being a...ah...I'm certain there's a word for it. It's when you're addicted to killing. I don't think she will be. At first, she wasn't going to kill at all, but there's no functionality in that. I think, just not "ruthless" killing.

Like Superman. He's useless. Can't do anything because he's afraid of killing people--what it boils down to, is that he is 'killing' anyone who is killed by someone he should have killed. Right? Right.

I just don't know yet if the scene will be as sad as I'm thinking it will be. It'll all depend on the VA (Voice Actor)'s ability to relay sorrow and fear to the ears of listening viewers. And how sad it can be without being an overreaction.

I'm kind of stressed out about the whole idea, too. It's alot to do for absolutely no payoff. Except for chasing my dream.

...That's kind of a nice payoff, though.


Song of the day is "TruDog, The Return." By TobyMac. Simply because the ending is so damn cute. "Yay!"



Oh, also, I got to meet two prostitutes. And I got to see a drug deal go down, and almost got dealt some dope myself. All whilst my Mom was conducting some 'business' inside a shady, stucco'd house that belongs to a "Mr. Gonzales."

The creepiest thing was that, well, that was the only time I've ever smelled perfume that didn't smell like complete crap. That's well, that's creepy, right?

Goodnight. I'uh sha-yall howie homies make peekin pighs up'n hee' tmarrah dahyawg. I mean, 'I'll show you how to make a Pecan Pie tomorrow.' Sorry.

No comments: