Sunday, March 08, 2009

Checking an HP dv4-1220us Entertainment Notebook

Yep, heres(sic) I am. Checking the notebook. I am making a lot of typos; that's OK.

The touchpad speed is a little slow. I fixed it.

Now let's see how the speakers are. OK, they're nice. Or maybe the song is nice. The Adia song. Love it, love it, sugar on top.

For the record, it's probably not the Adia song you'd find by searching an engine...the screen is almost blindingly bright (compared to the brightness of my 2007 HP dv5215us). That's good. Right shift placement is fine; directional pad is not too great. Actually, the End key is way too close to it.

Let's see how...oh, great!

If there's one thing I dislike, it's the DirectX errors!

...20 minutes later, I am still trying to remedy...not a DX error...

Downloading 113 MB video driver...

Driver failed...downloading secondary source video driver...testing...secondary driver failed...

Trying restart...

\



...back on my laptop. Here's my review of that particular dv4-1220us: IT SUCKS!


As for all dv4-1220us's, I can't really comment. Command and Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars did not work and I will not invest the hours required to allay the problem. I'm seething!!! I can't take it!!!

For all I know, the laptop- which is my mom's work laptop- has a kind of governor which disallows video gaming. That's just dandirific.

I'm going to listen to that Adia song some more.

Not really.

1 comment:

CorwinFan15 said...

The Adia song is definitely not the search engine version.