Step 1: Find corned beef.
Step 2: Boil corned beef.
Step 3: Wash potatoes.
Step 4: Prep cabbage. If potatoes take an hour to boil, cabbage takes 10 minutes. It cooks very fast. I like to cut it like thus:
Or, you can leave it connected with the connective tissue and boil it "whole." That makes you look great, but you need a rather large cutting board to put the cooked cabbage head on to finish cutting it. And you need a big pan. I use the 4-gallon pot, works fine.
Boil beef, potatoes, and cabbage until done.
Serve with 6-pack of beer per person. Alternatively, just boil a potato and serve with the beer. And that's your traditional Irish dinner.
I bet it's hard being Irish. Seriously, though- look at the Patricks ads. You'll see some green stuff, then a WHOLE SECTION dedicated to beer. It's about a 1:2 ratio of food-to-beer in Patricks Day ads. Kind of lends credence to the whole joke, y'know.
2 comments:
Oh, and we had the "celebration" today because when we make Patrick's Day food on Patrick's Day, a mob of drunks wallow over and want to eat with us because their potatoes burned.
I'm feeling kind of racist. Honestly, this is more of an attack on the ads which are racist/following stereotypes. I'm parodying their racism.
Racist or realist? My dad was Irish/Native American (Choc Taw). Think he was an alchoholic? Oh yeaaah!
Pat (Mz. Horsegoggles)
Post a Comment