The title is a play on the "Chinese Fighting Fish," which are called Bettas. I guess they are actually Siamese.
A few days ago I switched to Beta, and got a Gmail account too. Yeehaw. It's more or less the same, but it annoys me. I don't know why. Maybe it's the word beta- I dislike it, it's true. It does look more functional though- and the labels look interesting.
I haven't done much with Gmail yet. I can't receive news alerts from WND atm, so I'll need to figure that out. Can you help me? OF COURSE NOT. THANKS FOR NOTHING!
I'm sorry. In other news, I made some taffy. It's pretty good- it's like a Big Hunk bar (vanilla flavored), but with no peanuts. It's a little more vanillae though. I like that word, it's great...Yes, my name is Agent Vanillae, I have a license to kill...yeah, that's a great word! Word great, great word. Word Perfect.
I didn't stretch it enough, so I'll need to work on that. It's comestible, but it's like chewing up a piece of concrete...you know, it can be crushed, but you'd have to be stupid to try. It's great! But I'm weird like that.
I also made a batch of cookies, which were requested by my dad. I used a silicone baking mat. It hasn't been used for a year or so, so it tastes like the bottom of a drawer; which incidentally tastes kind of like cat urine. I hope it'll cook out though, because it's handy. Very little cleanup. Reusable, unlike Parchment Paper. But not as non-stick. I really like parchment paper.
In my opinion, you can use any cookie recipe, but the secret is to use a lot of chocolate chips. You want...uh, a lot. Also, coconut holds major importance, at least for me. I put 1 cup of coconut (shredded in processor) for every bag of chocolate chips, and 1/2 to 3/4 cups of nuts. I rarely like cookies which don't have coconut.
As for nuts, I prefer pecans. My preferred chocolate chip amount is 60% chips. I've done it before, and it's crazy! Although, at such a high level, at least a third should be milk chocolate to avoid chocodeathsophobia (which happens to dogs- sure, let's say it's a real word).
While they were baking, the oven element burnt up- I thought, "huh, I don't remember turning the oven light on." I opened the oven door, and there's a bright white light shining from the element. How cool. Luckily, the cookies were perfectly done, and this morning my dad went and "borrowed" an element from a neighbor's oven. It was perfectly "legal." In a sense. We're "testing" it for them. Forever.
I'm just kidding?
Now I have to watch Dog Soldiers [werewolf movie]. I might write something about it later. I might have to brick up my window and steel-reinforce my door instead though, we'll see.
Wednesday, September 13, 2006
Blogger Beta - No Blogging Chinese Fighting Fish
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It should be noted that a very good brand of cookie uses 60%, according to memory. I didn't come up with that on my own.
Post a Comment