Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Resident Evil

Oh yes. When I order a DVD, I expect it to work. When it doesn't, well, I've usually planned to watch it, and if I can't, I have nothing to watch. Then I am alone with my thoughts, and I don't know if they are armed or not. You know what they say, "the thought you don't know if (is) armed is the one that drives you mad."

I was ready to watch Resident Evil. Then ... I put the disc in ...

A few minutes of trying to read the disc ... "bad disc"

They didn't even bother to put a period. Just "bad disc" like a slap in the face.

I don't personally mind getting counterfeit DVDs, as long as they work (and I have no knowledge they are counterfeit.) I'm a boy scout, not a ...miracle worker. Yeah. You know, like ... yeah. You know how we do.

I tried cleaning the disc. No good. Let me plug it in and try again.

OH MY GOSH! The DVD is working now! I see red lines, a thing, a TRAIN TRACK! IT'S THE HIVE! I AM TYPING WITHOUT LOOKING AT MY COMPUTER SCREEN I CANNOT TAKE MY EYES FROM TEH FLASHY HIVE THING!!!!!!! oh boy. Okay, it stopped being flashy, now it's on loop!

Imma gonna watch this real quick. Hold up.

(a few minutes later apparently?)


Alright, lots more on the DVD it seems. Like there's a 10 second thing right before the first zombie lady (scientist in the water) comes to life. A few more things too, I forget. Flowers. No flowers in this movie, are there?





...I like the style of Resident Evil. For example, there's a scene where some guys get cut up like hell by a laser grid. It cuts one lady's head off, which is kinda graphic...I mean, I guess I just find different things graphic. Someone having their head cut off leaving a steaming, exposed neck I don't consider graphic.

Someone ... uhh... I don't know. Let me think about it, I will report later. Also I digress.

The other people who die, one guy is cut in half. They don't show that. Then another guy is cut into ...probably 4" squares in a laser checkerboard pattern. When he falls apart (of course he has to magically suspend himself for a few seconds), the screen blurs out so you don't see the detail. I like that.



So, the positives and negatives list!

Weaknesses:

  • Beginning is a little silly (nitpicky there I would say)
  • Characters avoid shooting zombies in the head until they're told to
  • Characters...unrealistically fall apart
  • Low-budget CGI monster <=(
Stengths:

  • Zombies
  • More zombies
  • Video game-esque look and situation (Special Forces running out of ammo hehe)
  • Homicidal, maniacal computer (seriously, how many enemies do they need to have?)


Actually, I'm certain there's more, but it's late. Fact is, Resident Evil is a film you're going to love or hate. I think I've seen it enough to be bored of it by now though...so...I guess this is it. What does that "I guess this is it." remind me of. I think ... I dunno.

Something ... oh yeah. That one chick that teaches you how to ground pound/spring jump/hammer spin thing in Paper Mario: TTYD. Is it just me, or do all those Mushroom Kingdom chicks look the same? I guess it's true what they say- don't shoot what you can baton, don't baton what you can pepper spray, don't pepper spray what you can walk away from. Unless you're a cop. Then don't shoot what you can ... OH MY GOD HE HAS A SCREWDRIVER SHOOT HIM! SHOOT HIM AGAIN!!!



I think I'm gonna learn to make screen savers some day. All it is is like, a series of pictures.
I would be famous. They'd call me "Screen Saver Kev, when you're screen saverless, he's there to 'saver' the day!" hehehe. I will post a TA update tomorrow. It IS tomorrow...sheesh...1:28 AM...here I thought it was 11:30. Oh well, 30 minutes until Star Trek is on. Cookin' in Brooklyn is on right now.





Reuben Sandwiches for dinner tomorrow. Poor (my brother)...he doesn't ever eat dinner. He is too picky. No vegetables, no side dishes unless it's a noodle, and then only if it doesn't have veggies in it. One day, it will click, he will realize THE VEGETABLES TASTE AWESOME, there is nothing wrong with eating them. Until that day he starves however. A hard lesson to learn...

No comments: