Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Where's The [Other 2%]?

Warning! Minor Metroid Prime spoilers!


Murrumph. I've searched long, I've searched hard, and I've searched in water. I've searched on land. I've searched on top of humongous flowers.

I'm at 98% in Metroid Prime, and I can't find the other 2%. There are 100 items to collect in Metroid Prime...thus the 100% rating. So I've collected 98%- or 98 of 100- of the itamz to be had, but I can't locate the other two. There are five areas:

Tallon IV overworld (it's the surface of the planet)
The Chozo Ruins (remnants of an civilization of anthropomorphic hippie-birds)
The Magmoor Caverns (lava pits)
The Phendrana Drifts (snow land)
The Phazon Mines (the Space Pirate's mining operation)



I've searched them all. Apparently, not thoroughly enough. I must now go explore them all over again. I will start where I ended, I guess, which is more or less the derelict space vessel. Here goes. I hate this area...it's just so...particular. You have to go through murky water, and it's not spooky (as water can be), but it's just dull, I guess.



Nothing. Also nothing in the Great Tree Hall...now I'm onto the back end of the Chozo Ruins. I took 'Transport to Chozo Ruins East' to get here. Darned Chozo.

Alright...now the entirety of the Chozo Ruins have been searched. They're OK, but...there's those freaky giant frogs that try to digest you (and have tusks), and there's wasps EVERYWHERE. Sure, there are nice of lots...lots of nice things. Just not when you've gone through it looking for the last few items for the fourth time. And it's DANK! Man!

Nothing, nothing, nothing, and for the thir...fourth time, nothing!

I can't find the last two items tonight. I'll have to continue on tomorrow. I JUST...CAN'T...DO IT! For now...I save in the Magmoor Caverns. I'll search them tomorrow, then go give Phendrana Drifts a third searching. I get the feeling they're in the Phazon Mines...I've only searched there twice.


See this post for details on one of the Mine searches (yes, I did get quite a bit of examining done on this trip): Clad in Corruption: A Metroid Prime Post.

No comments: