Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Hey, It's My Mom's New Nikon S550!

My mom's Mother's Day and Her Birthday present, a Plum Nikon S550, got here today. I went outside and hid in a car near the fence and waited for the UPS man. I then took covert pictures of him.

He dropped the box, and when he left I retrieved it. It felt heavy. I didn't think it was the camera- obviously, it was.

I took it inside and started it charging. The battery's about the size of two AAA batteries. It's only a little bigger than a stick of Bazooka gum. The camera is a bit smaller than a deck of playing cards. I couldn't believe it. This thing has a 5x zoom? I thought to myself in perplexity. After a futile attempt to locate one of our 2 GB SD cards (we have three! Where are they!), I just used my peculiar 1 GB SD card.

The pictures may be lackluster. It seems the ISO is stuck on a high setting but it's set to auto... and the pictures outside are great. But the zoom, even the optical, is blurry. I seem to remember experiencing the same thing when I got my camera, then it "broke in" or something.


Hey! Here's a video I made! Nothing special. I don't have time right now, I'm sorry. I took some pictures of my dad in his Daisy Dukes to test the camera...he was trying to practice his flute.





Yeah...it takes good video, I think. It brought out Dad's doppelganger.

No comments: