Saturday, October 11, 2008

Chex Quest Pwnt

Remember when I mentioned Chex Quest? Here's the relevant bit of that post:

Actually, mindless books are not an option. I don't have any of those. Video games are a given; I'm probably going to put a little time in on Chex Quest. What? You don't remember Chex Quest? Wow...well, it's a Doom clone. But it's got a guy in it called Chex Man or whatever. He looks like a human wearing a huge square Chex Cereal...piece, as armor. Um, actually, I think that's what he is. And that also he looks like it. Because for the reason that he is it.
And here's the picture of Chex Man / the Chex Warrior of the Chex Squadron!

That link is now dead. Nice move, Chex Cereal, you morons. Estrange yourself from a game made specifically for you, real smart.

Notice it's in the program 'DOSBox.' DOSBox replicates a DOS computer. Supposedly Chex Quest can run in Win95, but it lags like a...laggy ...car... for me unless I run it in DOSBox. If you want to download it, you can find it via Chex Quest Mania. And if that link breaks, believe me, if you have the technical ability to operate DOSBox, you will have no trouble navigating your way through the Intranet to find the download. I am really quite unsure if downloading it in this fashion is illegal.


It's an old game- my brother even remembered it! Oh, good times playing this one. Actually, I have very little memory of it, just enough to remember all of the levels. But no details about the levels. Just the look of them. And only certain parts of them. It's all pretty much the same, though, so if you remember one room of one level you remember every room of that level. The reason I post this is that I beat the game today; it took maybe an hour and a half, so turn up the difficulty if you want it to last for any reasonable amount of time.

I kind of like the gameplay...I can see why people love Doom so much.

Nerds.

No comments: