Saturday, October 04, 2008

That's New

I think...


That I'm turning into a wuss. I'm playing Metroid Prime 2, and I just got to um...the fortress place. I won't describe it too much so that I can claim this as spoiler-free.

Anyways...I saw a Rezbit...and I whimpered.


Like a girl.

I said, "I hate em I hate em I hate em!" and it came out in a whiny, sissyish whimper.

Just like a girl.


I was so surprised that I paused the game (the Rezbit is still there) and started writing this. I know what you're thinking. "It's not that bad, Kev. Rezbits are obviously ferocious, scary monsters, and one jumped out and scared you."

I might agree, and I did forget that they exist. So it was a bit of a surprise...but Rezbits...well...they look like...they're...they're floating sea mines, alright? With two mace heads attached to them with some kind of invisible bond, so that they float around them like satellites.


And not only do they resemble three non-scary, small, floating sea mines, they also move slowly. And their two smaller satellite-sea-mines float around them pretty slowly, too. They can disrupt your view (making it staticky), and they can form a reflective shield, and they can launch a volley of blasts of sorts, but aside from that, they're hideously non-terrifying.

Someone shoot me in the head. I need some lead in my thought centers to toughen me up.

Or kill me. Which is what a craven wuss deserves.

No comments: