Sunday, February 11, 2007

50th Post

Edited and updated Monday, May 14th, 2007.



*two balloons fall from ceiling*

It's the 50th post yay!!thatsucks, it should be 100 by now. Oh my, this keyboard is STEEP. Everything's twice as hard to press and three times as hard to reach. Let me get on my laptop.

(circus theme, dun dun dunna dunna dun dunn da-dunn, pause)

That's better. Flat keys. No elevation. Easier to press, not as square. I basically got about 20 paper-cut-like scratches from that other keyboard. Alright, not really, but you know what I mean...I'm currently trying to type using more fingers. It's confusing. I basically just use random fingers to type. I wonder what part of my brain makes the randomness decision...it's like, "dude, a key needs'a be pressed, go to it" and doesn't really direct it to anyone. Like, when I typed 'anyone,' I hit N with my pinky toe. Sometimes, you know how a typewriter's keys get stuck together? Well, that happens to my fingers every once and a while. WHACK! "Oh, crap!"



I'm hoping to get a new mouse and keyboard. I got my eyes on the Logitech MX518. I'll tell you a little secret: I really like Logitech. It's awesome- the name, the emblem. I had a Logitech mouse back when...it was at the beginning of the Optical mouse rush. Oh, boy, me an' that mouse had some fun...pointing, clicking. Good times, good times...anyways, I don't just like this model because it's a Logitech, but because it's gaming grade and doesn't have 400 flashing, too-bright, unturnoffable (that's probably a word) lights. That, and it has some solid reviews. Not just at TigerDirect, either. While using my Mom's mouse (my ex-mouse) I noticed it was off by about a quarter inch. Not fun when I'm in a tank fight. It seems that the real challenge in getting high-quality mice is getting them without flashing lights. That's really, really weird...oh, and it's corded.




I, guess, if I'm, smart I'll get, an Ergonomic, keyboard. Like the Mircrosoft Natural Ergonomic 4000. It's on sale at TigerDirect. Suckers! It's supposedly a great keyboard. It would have 5 out of 5, but some poor fool's house got burnt down and it burned and well, he's not happy about that. Apparently, he gave everything in the house a 1 out of 5 for burning...maybe that's not funny to joke about. I like it, though. It's overstating and exaggerating it, you know...and that's how I, personally, roll.

I like the idea of the built-in wrist-rest. One less thing to get burned and badly reviewed. Ohh, burn. Aha! Get it?! Burn?!

Dunno why, but TigerDirect photographed a completely different keyboard, that looks nothing like the 4000. This is one of the only pictures of the real one. I think it's corded- I hope. Call me old-fashioned.


Okay, just to make things clear, because I know people can assume things easily, I do NOT look at a cord as a chain that keeps the various peripherals from killing me in my sleep. I mean, a mouse could only hurt you, a keyboard could slap you silly I suppose, but they couldn't kill you, and I don't have a fear of them killing me. Not only that, but if I did have a fear of being murdered in my sleep by the various peripherals associated with a computer, it wouldn't necessarily be being murdered in my sleep that would cause me concern. So, I just like corded because it's TONS safer doesn't need batteries. That's all. Personal preference. Maybe you like cordless well it's your funeral chap don't expect me to show that's obviously your preference.


So...where was I. Oh yeah, did I mention I'm sick? Pff, no, I would remember that. I mean, 'cause I constantly proof read what I type. I have three monitors-

On the left, a monitor that shows what I've already typed, in the middle my laptop screen showing me what I'm typing right now, and the one on the right says "...yeah. Today I woke up to ghastly howls of the undead hordes. Like that one time..." so I'm pretty well set up to catch typos. There's like a 5 minute delay or, like, relay, you know, the opposite of delay, relay, or...the one on the right's basically hooked up to a time machine alright?


I was fine last night, and woke today with a really bad sore throat...my Mom actually got sick several days ago, and I've been trying, and luckily I caught it. The ole 'steep a used tissue in lukewarm sugar water (like yeast) and will yourself to drink it' trick. Gets 'em, or (chuckles) rather, me, everytime.

I feel terrible. I'm achey, especially in my calves, my arms ache, my fingers, my neck hurts, like I said my throat is sore. I don't have any energy, it hurts when I breath, my stomach hurts, my thighs hurt, I've been gnawing the inside of my mouth (uh,-) so it hurts, and I'm tired. I'm yawning at 2 PM...I will be napping once I finish this post. Actually, I'm starting to ache more. I'm developing an ear ache. Woo boy, this is gonna be nuts. YEEHAW!

I actually didn't get anything done on TA today, which is strange. I usually think up a few things as soon as I wake up...oh yeah. Today I woke up to ghastly howls of the undead hordes. Like that one time I was snoring, but I didn't know it, and I thought there was a being (I wasn't sure if it was a witch or a chupacabra at the time) at the foot of my bed hissing. Hiss......hiss......hiss...... I think I finally willed myself to look, or I realized it was me. It took me like 25 seconds of terror, though. I think I did realize it was me.

It turns out, (that today's horror) I don't know what it was. My Mom was doing something, I don't know what. It sounded like...have you ever seen the movie "All in the Zombies"? You know, with that one really bigoted Zombie? Well, I don't think it exists, so if you answer 'yes', you're most likely a liar. You...liar. But you could imagine, like, if the movie did exist, and it had a ghoulish, zombiesh, terrifying, hellacious scream of pure, toxic evil, that's what I woke up to.

Hey...maybe I was screaming in my sleep, and that's why my throat hurts. Dunno. Boy, when I laugh, I can taste blood afterwards. That's a bad sign. It hurts like a...like a...uhm...lion...on a...baseball...court? Full of sheep? Huh, there goes my humor thinger. And my naming thinger. -er.



Anyways, our air conditioner is out. Nothing TOO serious. We'll need to call someone out...we cleaned it both inside and outside, so it's nothing like that. Probably has a leak somewhere. Werewolves do that alot to mess with people. They'll need to fill it back up...and hopefully fix the hole. Luckily, my Mom has forced me to not keep it at 70 degrees so we're not suffering. In the winter I ALWAYS use the air conditioner, you know...it's like a "rite of passage," and I put that in quotations because it's in fact nothing like a rite of passage. I WOULD have it 65 degrees in here to celebrate my being sick, but noOOOOo


...whew, almost lost this post due to a .PDF trying to load. One for the keyboard, I do believe. It had to have my permission, but the "permission" thing wouldn't show up, so I clicked to exit...okay, short story, it almost blew up and I fixed it, miraculously.

I feel really bad for my old computer, the desktop, my Mom's current home computer. It, man, it had trouble running C&C: Tiberian Sun. For some CRAZY reason, it played C&C: Generals easily. It's weird...Tiberian Sun is more graphics intensive than Generals. That game, Generals, sure is fun for compstomps. They're friggin' clueless, but in a funny-good way, lol

The desktop is so slow and clunky...it needs to have a new hard drive, I think. A new start. Someday I'll have to get a new desktop- my laptop will do great with an external hard drive for uh, until they release Red Alert 3 that needs a 512 MB Graphics card and 502 TB of RAM. It's kinda like when Nintendo releases a high-def system, that's when I'm getting an LCD TV. Actually, I might get an LCD TV sooner.

I know that 500 TB of RAM isn't possible. Song of the Day is "Hey Now" by none other than Tobymac. I'm going to tag this and go to sleep. Tech and Sick are new tags. Welcome them, just keep your distance from Sick, as he's covered in milk, butter, and flour. Batter basically. It's to keep the other tags healthy. Oh man I am clever.

No comments: