Thursday, February 22, 2007

Wide Eyed and Sanitized

I'm making Pizza tonight. I will find out if it's...Dinner: Impossible.

I like that show (Dinner: Impossible). It's silly but seems like it might get old fast. We'll see.


Anyways, I watched Good Eats last night. You know, host: Alton Brown. He used a sanitizer-- bleach and water. Me and Bleach have danced before. I made a solution in a jar. That didn't work out so well...let's just say there was a tube of toothpaste and an entire bottle of aspirin involved. *shudders*. Alton put it in a spray bottle though, and I thought, "Hey, I have one of those. Yeah. It has a handle just like that! Wow!"

So I made up a solution, 1/2 teaspoon to 2 cups water in a spray bottle, and sanitized the counter for the pizza later. The title is a play on words from the "Wide Eyed and Mystified" dude. I thought it sounded clever.


I find myself trusting Alton more than myself sometimes. For example, I don't like shrimp. My parents? They don't like shrimp. My Brother? He would slash his own throat before even smelling shrimp. So Alton made some Shrimp Gumbo. I will be making Shrimp Gumbo.

I made shrimp salsa. It uh, smelled uh, shrimpy...you know...like a toilet bowl. So I think to myself: I don't like shrimp.


Yet somehow, someway, I don't know what kind of foul mind control it is, I'm still making shrimp gumbo. I've never even had gumbo before. What is it? Soup? Stew? I don't know!

Yet I'm going to make gumbo. Am I a moron? The Shrimp could easily cost $15. I could just as easily make it with bits of pork, you know...oh...funny thing is...I'll probably buy a cast-iron pot just for the occasion...

...yeah, shrimp though...gonna have some fun peeling that shrimp. You know, popping their heads off and throwing them into a stock pot...

*looks concernedly down at ground, pursing lips*




Song of the Day is I Got Your Number by (the) Newsboys. Don't worry, a serving of TobyMac will be along shortly, as I ordered Portable Sounds and Momentum.


Greet the 'Cleaning' tag!
My Brother is pissed off. He hasn't ruined the kitchen yet today, and DAMMIT ALL TO HELL, I CLEANED IT! (start quote here)"DAMNIT! DAMNIT!!!

What the hell does Kev think?! Does he think I LIKE the kitchen being clean?!! DAMNIT! DAMN IT TO BLOODY DAMNED HELL! DAMNIT! Now I have to mess it up, but he might start dinner. OH MAN I'M GOING TO BE SO PISSED. I'm going to massage the counter where he sanitized it, that's how pissed I am!!"(end quote here)--Matt (Kev's brother)

The jerk. I, you know, I sanitized that counter for a reason. And NOT so that he could come out of the bathroom without washing his hands and caress it. Caress. Now he's going to make his favorite crumb-dropper: Bagels. Curses!!!

Oh yeah. Right on that counter. Whoo-boy. "That's one clean counter, Kev! Yeah! Right there! Wooo, pile it on! Uh yeah! Yeah, baby! Yeah, gonna have to bleach that GOOD huh?! YOU LIKE THAT?!! LET'S ADD SOME MUSTARD FOR SOME DAMN REASON I DUNNO WHY IT'S MESSY!!!! THAT'S WHAT YOU GET FOR TRYING TO CLEAN THE DAMN KITCHEN! DAMN IT ALL TO HELL!"

Little does he know, he's getting a sissysized pizza tonight. You know, 'cause he's eating 2 hours before dinner...a sidenote, today I defrosted the Big freezer. #13, our cow, will be 'home' tomorrow in many small packages, and we want to make sure she's nice and ...frozen. Man, that sounded like it should be funnier...ohwell. No space between 'oh' and 'well' on purpose.

Time to swoop in whilst he's preparing his food with a bleach bottle. Hehehe.






...More bleach-water, Madame?

Oh, and soap too, please.

Right away.

No comments: