Tuesday, February 27, 2007

KevsNextPen Idol

Well, I mentioned that I need a new pen. My old pen, a Bic round stic, is just that: old. It isn't its fault. In fact, if I had a Bic round stic brand new, it would be an instant winner. I've always liked the design...but this one has 'spotty ink syndrome.' Kinda like balding for humans I think.


So I decided to round up all the pens I could find and hold a Kev's Next Pen Idol contest. I've never watched American Idol, so please bear with me, this is going to be one hard to manufacture parody.

Here is a picture of all the candidates, next to their example writings and short comments I had on them.

It's kinda hard to make out the words. Two pens were disqualified for having Red and Purple ink.


Today I made another quart of sanitizing solution.

I wish I could find my pencil sharpener. We'd have some fun.



First up is Andrew, a Green Pentel R.S.V.P. BK 91 USA MED model.
  • His ink is a bit spotty, thusly a bit hard to write. Will not fit into spiral part of notepad.


Second is Camden, a Bic Cristal(sic) Gel MED model.
  • His ink is VERY spotty, almost impossible to see, and thus HARD to write with. Will fit into notepad; will not work.


Third is...oops...disqualified for having RED ink. RSVP model Pentel.

Take 2 Third is Damien, a "Nationwide" company pen.
  • Writes smoothly, does NOT fit into notebook.


Fourth is...oh my. Disqualified for having PURPLE ink. RSVP model Pentel.
Take 2 Fourth is Sandra, a Pentel impulse BK96 MED model.
  • Writes nicely, cap easily removable. Apparently has a necklace attachment I will not be using. Does NOT fit into notebook. Looks extremely weird.


Fifth is Oliver, a Pentel R.S.V.P. BK91 USA MED model.
  • Writes nicely and comfortably. Spotty ink. Does NOT fit into notebook.


Sixth is Grant, the pen I am replacing, a Bic round stic Med model.
  • Spotty ink. I would choose this model if I had a new one.


Seventh is Naomi, a Pentel R.S.V.P. BK90 USA FINE model.
  • Feels "sharp." Ink just a bit spotty due to the sharpness. Does NOT fit into notebook. Little uncomfortable to hold.


Eighth is Johnny, a "Bic." One of the clear 'cristal(sic)' models I believe.
  • Writes smoothly, fits notebook. Not too bad to hold. Don't like the newer caps. Ink is nice.


Ninth is "Bones," a Bic ULTRA Round Stic Grip USA model.
  • Ink is spotty; not too bad. Writes smoothly. Is blue ink...


Tenth is Brandon, a Sharpie Permanent Marker ULTRA FINE POINT model.
  • Uhhm. Have to write at a very stable pace or it will not write or flood with ink. Does NOT fit into notebook.


Eleventh is ...well, no name. It's a...laser pen with blue LED model?
  • EXTREMELY, VERY hard to hold. Laser pointer and blue LED features do not work reliably. Smooth, 'very fine' line, ink is not spotty. Does NOT fit pad.


Cuts, numbered:
  1. Unnamed, number 11.
  2. Brandon, the Sharpie, number 10.
  3. Andrew, the green RSVP, number 1.
  4. Grant, the Bic round stic, number 6.
  5. Oliver, the RSVP MED, number 5. (didn't mean the two fives)
  6. Naomi, the RSVP FINE, number 7.
  7. Camden, the Bic Cristal (sic) Gel, number 2.
  8. Sandra, the Pentel impulse, number 4.

That leaves it up to the final three: "Bones," Damien, and Johnny.

Damien will not fit the notebook...

Which leaves Bones and Johnny. I have bad memories of Bic Round Stics, which have capital R's and S's, as in Round. It should be round. Not Round.



Thusly...Johnny, the unmarked, Cristal(sic)line Bic is Kev's next Pen Idol!



Jerk, LOSER!, I SHOULDA WON!, ...I ACTUALLY WON!, You suck!, Meanie!, Jerkwad!, I DONt liKE You!, and MORON IDIOT! by unidentified vandals.


TA- Team A GO!, Congrats, Johnny!, ...and a W!, and the Boomerang drawing all written/drawn with Johnny. Actually, this is a really nice pen. Oh, also the brackets were drawn with Johnny.


I like to draw random things on each page of notes. Tonight I will draw a, I don't know, a dove. Or a brush...this post qualifies for the TA tag, seeing's how that's why I need a new pen. Grant's ink was hard to see, see?

Now, as I do believe happens once the Idol is crowned(or what?), let's all forget Johnny's name, who Johnny is, and what Johnny did.

I'm off to sleep soon. Hey wait...I'm drinking iced tea...hmm...the perfect bedtime beverage, or the perfect amount of caffeine to keep old people from passing out while using their walkers...hmm......

Goodnight, pitiful one-label post.

No comments: