I don't think I'm making dinner tonight. I declare today my break day; we can have salsa for dinner. Here's the recipe!
2x 28-ounce cans of diced tomatoes: preferably one 'petite' diced, one "normal" diced, including juice
1 grapefruit-sized onion, diced (probably about 2 cups)
1 to 4 handfuls of chopped cilantro, depending on how 'cilantry' you like it and potency of said cilantro
5-6 large cloves garlic, minced/pressed
1-3 tablespoons of Taco seasoning, optional
1 tablespoon vinegar, optional (I didn't put it)
Jalapenos: start at 1/4c diced and increase until it's hot enough. 1/2c was plenty for this batch.
The petite and normal diced tomato combination makes for some really nice texture. The Taco seasoning is a bit like salt, so you don't have to put salt. Start at 1 T and increase from there. Try to use Vlasic jalapenos; they rock in salsa. Mix it all together gooed. It's better in about 2-3 days; I leave it out at room temperature for 2-4 hours to speed up the flavor mingling.
Speaking of that, but did you know if you leave a roast out at room temperature for 1-2 days, it'll taste absolutely fabulous? Yeah, sometimes it gets all rotten-looking, but boy-howdy, it's delicious. Delicious. It's because they don't age the beef anymore, and apparently that ages it. I guess.
Know what I'm going to have? One of my favorite comfort-food-like snacks.
Graham crackers, dipped in apple butter (thanks!), dipped in icing. A little milk in some powdered sugar, then dip away. It's great.
----------------------------------
Begin TA!
I got a notebook (you know, spiral-bound) dedicated to TA. I've got three pages filled in about five hours. Last time I made progress like this was about a month into the development when I came up with Dan being forced to eat peanut butter.
I even got Jamie's stylus drawn. Not only that, but looking at the drawing, I came up with a name! Wishbone! Get it?! Oh, man, it's brilliant.
Can/should Jamie be spelled Jayme? Jamie looks like Raymie, and Raymie is the nickname of Rayford Steele's son, Ray(ford) Jr., in Left Behind, and that makes me uncomfortable, as it seems like a nickname for a little kid. Jaime. Rolf. Hmm, variant of Jacob.
Jay is a variant of James. James means supplanter, in the Hebrew. Jayme seems a bit feminine, which will fit nicely. But now I must ponder...why supplanter? I mean, he never supplants anything. Authority, I guess. Let's go see what Supplanter means via the dictionary!
Man, I live off of this stuff, lol. Oh yeah, this is helpful:
IN BRIEF: n. - One who wrongfully or illegally seizes and holds the place of another.
What am I supposed to do with that? Does that imply that supplanting is successful, as in, you aren't knocked down right after? And if it is not successful, it isn't called supplanting?
So, if you wrongfully or illegally seize the place of another, you supplant them if you hold their place, meaning, being accepted by their prior underlings. Right?
It's not supplanting if it doesn't work. Then it's just knocking the hell out of their leader and running, right? I believe the term is 'knulunning.' Knu(ocking the hell out of their)l(eader and R)unning. Knulunning. Nuh-lunn-ing.
I do wish I had a, ah, like a zippered notebook thing. Then I could put my main notebook in it, and keep a smaller notebook in, and some drawing materials. I drew a hand last night, and it was fun. Didn't look too impressive, but it was fun. I never realized how much I have to write down.
Song of the Day is With Israel I'll Stand, by the Reach Out Singers, composed by the late Zola Levitt. Peace be upon him.
'Peace be upon him' is something that Muslims say. I say it as a joke; I am not a Muslim. They say it after mentioning someone who's dead. Like, "Adam and the four Eves, peace be upon them all." We say 'late,' I guess, and they say 'peace be upon.'
Two posts today- that's just how I roll occasionally!
Tuesday, February 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment