Monday, March 31, 2008

Fighting the Demon Tonsil

For dinner yesterday, my mom made me some potato soup. It was the garlicky It was meant for one purpose and one purpose and one purpose and one purpose only: to stave off the tonsil demon, which has returned!

I've currently taken out some insurance of my own...a vaporizer. I mean, air humidifier. Yeah, that's it. It's supposed to help in cases of normal swollen tonsils/sore throats, but quite honestly, this is not a normal swollen tonsil. It is a tonsil infected with a possessive case of multi-demon indwelling. The one demon returned with two or more more, and it developed a nostril.


Therefore, as a countermeasure...I filled the humidifier with holy water. Aw, yeah! Take take that, demon tonsil! Sorry about the repetitions and occasional double spaces (which Blogger won't display), it's so humid in my room right now, that if I had a sponge, it would not only develop into a tree (sponges are basically tree seeds), it would develop into some kind of semi-sentient, space-capable flying tree, able to achieve near-relativistic speeds and transport a human crew of 25, all while running on eco-friendly sunshine and massive amounts of nutrients violently pillaged from plots of farmland.



I don't know how well our efforts (to destroy this foul incarnation) are faring. It is now producing pus, which to me seems like the perfect "blood" for demonic manifestations to run off of...therefore indicating that it is "bleeding." Meaning we're hurting it.

However.



It has now developed...it has now developed a mouth. DUNNA DUN DUNN!

See this picture, depicting the Demon Tonsil with pus ebbing out of it (I think the pus is what I taste that I describe as "cadaverous") and with its newly formed mouth. Perhaps it has always had it, but it was laying low, and now it's actually cursing my name. And furthermore, it developed a jaw structure, perhaps formed a second eye (it's covered in thick pus- maybe that's like a developmental sac), and developed scowling evil eyebrows. I expect it to grow those arms and legs very soon...only God knows what it will do at that point.


Then something magical happened...


Its face melted.

Yes, I think the holy water did the trick. It wasn't actually holy water. The only method of holy water makery I know is the "How do you make holy water, you boil the hell out of it" method.


Or if it wasn't the holy-water-in-the-humidifier trick, it was the gargling-with-saltwater trick. Really, most of the time, that will instantly make your throat feel better. I usually gargle several times, then swallow some of it to coat my entire throat, then I don't drink anything for a few minutes to leave the deadly salt in my throat. My mom claims that it will even kill strep throat virals. Maybe she'll comment on that.



For my notes, two days ago I ran defrag. Command and Conquer 3 is my computer performance test, and I think it's running a little faster.

No comments: