He, as you'll recall, wants a copy of DBZ: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 (I can still spell that properly), and some Sailor Moon DVDs. God knows how he knows about the Sailor Moon DVDs. Also, it's traditional to buy the new edition of SSB on his birthdays. I'm not a huge fan of SSB, but I have to have it in case I meet someone who wants to play it with me. It takes a lot of practice, not something you want to get accustomed to as their (they're- we'll get that in editing) beating your face in with a Pikachu or whatever you'll be able to beat people's faces in with in SSBB. That's a confusing line.
The Sailor Moon DVDs are $50 apiece from Amazon because they're all discontinued and stuff. Each DVD has 6 episodes. For the price, I could buy two and a half brand-new Hollywood releases (like I ever 'wood', get it). And the first season is 7 DVDs. What steams my biscuits is that the original Japanese DVD has the entire first season for $99. But you'd have to buy 7 separate boxes to get the same entire first season in English, costing around $200.
Then I told Pa. "Pa," I said. "We can get the first three for $100, and we can spend $60 more after that for two more." The price has raised about $50 since I last checked in the above linked post, so it makes sense to buy as many as possible before it raises another $50. (The DVDs that are sold as season 1 in English for cheap are pirated and of low quality, considering that they're only on 2 or 3 DVDs. They compress them too much to fit onto the fewer amount of DVDs.)
"Well, can't we just buy them on VHS?" he asked. "Nope, they don't...wait a minute. Yeah, they do have them on VHS...average price of $3..." Yes, the VHS cost a fraction of what the DVDs do. They only have 4 episodes on each tape as opposed to 6 for each DVD.
So instead of buying two-thirds of the first season, I bought the entire first season, and it ended up costing only $86.00 to boot. So, two-thirds of a season for $160 vs. the entire season for $86...only difference is that one is a DVD and the other's a VHS. Don't hate on the VHS.
After all, we have only one DVD player anyways.
[we're such dorks]
No comments:
Post a Comment