Saturday, March 29, 2008

Return of the Tonsil Demon

OH MY GOSH, THE DEMON-POSSESSED TONSIL HAS RETURNED!!! EVEN NOW IT LEECHES MY FREE WILL FROM ME!

You'll- ahem, I MEAN, YOU'LL RECALL THIS POST WHERE I FIRST WAS POSSESSED BY THIS DEMONIC BEING! Oh, thE HORROR, THE PURE UNRELENTING HORROR! THE CADAVEROUS TASTE IN MY MOUTH! THE TASTE OF ... EVIL!!!


The pictures look kind of gross- my tonsils are all swollen and infected- so I will link to the pictures so that you can avoid them if you like. Aren't I nice? I think it's the least I could do.

Picture #1
Picture #2
Picture #3 showing the uneven swelling

Notice how it's now developed a NOSTRIL? Uuugh! Pretty soon, it'll have arms and legs, and it'll kill me! What do I do?!

Notice how uneven the swelling is. The right side of my tongue isn't higher than the left side of my tongue for no reason: it's the uneven tonsil swelling that's causing my tongue to rest unevenly. I think so, at least, because I seem to be remember that my tongue lies pretty evenly otherwise.


I had some horrible sleep last night. It was fitful. It all started around 10 PM. I was watching some SBemail because I have no other entertainment save for moaning "like a dying dog," as my dad put it. I was coughing up mucous as well as accumulating a vast quantity in my sinuses/tonsil area, so I had two bays for exporting the slime. I used like, an entire roll of toilet paper last night before I resorted to slowly filling up a cup with mucous.

I was, of course, steadily intaking Popsicles. It's a new miracle cure, those things work wonders. At 10:11, I passed out. I awoke at 10:21-22 feeling like someone hit me over the head with an anvil which then proceeded to fall and crush my toe. At 10:27 or so I passed out again, only to wake up at 10:30. I went right back to sleep, and woke up at 10:31. Can you believe it? Oh, it was dreadful. I finally turned out the lights and shut off my laptop and went to sleep for the night.

Something like an hour later I woke up and watched some more SBemail. When you're sick, you absolutely cannot sleep, though sleep is great for you. I took my temperature, and it red...read 102.8. Oh, my gosh! Worst of all, my left ear was hopelessly clogged, and my right ear goes into periods of clogginess but can be unclogged with the aide of a plunger. Right now, it's starting to have that "Oh man, you're not gonna like this, but uh, I'm about to esplode[sic]" way about it.

I went to sleep after that, and the next three or so hours consisted of me being trapped in a paranoid alternate-reality nightmare. I'd wake up to reposition myself because I was overheating, and I'd find myself trapped by my blanket, and I would struggle, and meanwhile I'm having this nightmare about how I'm like...I don't even remember it, all I remember was that it was a feeling akin to trying to solve one of those puzzles where you move 9 pieces around and one piece is missing, but there were 10 pieces. It was an unsolvable task but I kept trying anyway and it was just a horrible looping paranoid nightmare of epic proportions. I was repeating the same thing over and over whatever it was, and it made no sense but I couldn't stop doing it. I am renown for my fitful sleep when I'm sick.


Once I woke up at 4:30, I looked at myself in the mirror. Greasy hair, unshaven face, bloodshot, dull eyes, mouth hanging open, haggard breathing and stance, and haggard swaying. If I didn't know better, I would have thought I was staring into the face of an unshaven Russian with a hangover! But I knew better, so I knew it was me.


As of right now, my temperature is 99.2 and my body is aching much less. I thought I was better today when I woke up, the whole looking-like-an-unshaven-Russian-with-a-hangover thing aside. But my tonsils are swollen, so I feel worse than I did last night. If the Tonsil Demon had not returned- and like, brought another one with him to infect the other tonsil- I'd be better. But noooo. Now it hurts in a bad way to swallow...it's the glass swallowing, but it's only local to my tonsils, so it isn't anywhere near as bad as when your entire throat is glass-swallow-class sore.


My care regiment is lots of garlic, gargling with salt water with cayenne in it, Popsicles of course, and lots of vitamin C. Although, I do need some right now, I wish that MY MOM would BRING ME SOME VITAMINS, HINT-HINT.

1 comment:

CorwinFan15 said...

Also, I'm simultaneously developing face, head, eye, ear, and arm aches.

Help! HELP, I'M SICK~!1