Thursday, March 27, 2008

TWTTWTW: Claw Machine Edition #1

So, on the day that me and Don "Feldick" Horsegoggles went to Denny's instead of Bible study because Pastor's minivan got avalanced, I played their claw machine. I am unsure what number attempt this is. For now, let us call it TWTTWTW #1. I'll figure out the chronology later.

Denny's...it has one nice claw machine. I still have to get used to it, because it's twice the size as my normal claw machine. You learn something new every time, I swear...when will the learning stop? "If it has a perfect grip, and still drops, it's too heavy; switch to next target. Check out the guts in the top to see how far the claw moves in every direction. Note how much spin is put on the claw, and never let it waste grabbing strength on the arm of some other game."

Unless you're very experienced, never, EVER play a claw machine that you can't look through the side of. Otherwise, you cannot position it over your target from the front of the machine, then switch to looking through the side to position it over the target from that vantage point. This allows for very exacting drops, and especially for me. I can tell a 1/4" difference from 25 feet away. (I would tell you the truth, that I can tell a 1/8" difference, but you wouldn't believe me.)




So, here it goes. Don "Feldick" Horsegoggles was with me. I think he may secretly be a claw machine champ. See, he taught me something, and to teach, you have to know.

[golf announcer voice: The Kev drops the claw...and it misses. Swiftly he enters two more quarters...the claw drops. He misses. He wipes the sweat from his brow, shaking slightly. Down goes the claw...up goes the beast. ...it survives the first jostle, the question on everyone's mind is, will it survive the movement jostle...yes, it survives the second movement jostle! It survives transfer and drops into the retrieval bay. The Kev is not done yet...one more attempt at a slightly buried foe...and one more...and it's over. He photographs his prey.]



There it is. I don't know who to give it to. Hm, I never thought of that. Does anyone want it? Send me an address (FGGJAP@gmail.com), or if I'll see you this Sunday just comment, and I'll send/bring it to you.

1 comment:

CorwinFan15 said...

Update: according to my records, this was the Second Catch of the Year, the Third Try of the Year.

I.e., I've played three times this year, but only won two times.