Yeah! I'm having a trouble: I'm restless, but not in the typical way of being restless. But I think I figured it out: my computer's messy!
Surely this is the cause. Let me example you:
In my Blog photos folder, (which is also the Blog videos folder), I have 178 items; 19 are folders for organizing the photos, 159 are photos. That means there are 159 unsorted photos.
This happened because I had a May Blog Pictures folder from 2007, but then it was May of 2008 and I wasn't smart enough to add a "2007" to the previous May, so I made May Blog Pictures 2, but I got so confused that sometimes I'd put new pictures into the archival folder. I know that's a silly way to become unorganized, but I sure did it.
I actually almost sorted them in this post, but I didn't. There were too many for me to worry about at the time and I'd probably never use them again anyway. So I suppose I'll sort my blog pictures over the next few days...
Also, my desktop is a train wreck, but that's a more conventional problem.
I must sort the desktop items into folders on the desktop...and if I have any trouble (i.e. not knowing where a file goes), I create a folder that will ease that certain trouble. In the end, I should have about 10 folder categories that will fit any file. Then I can slowly move those folders to locations other than the desktop...or, more likely, create a "Hub" folder to...uh, hub all of these folders.
I still have 3.4 GB left on my hard drive; I estimate that there are 5-6 GB of pictures- recent pictures- that I don't have, and at least 2 GB of elder pictures that I don't have. (All I know is that my mom has about 40 backup CDs from the dark days, so there must be at least 2 GB.) The lack of hard drive space could certainly be driving me mad, as well. And then,-
-
Sunday, September 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment