Well, I'm not getting a terribly far distance. In fact, I am going through a faltering period, much as when I was sick. Last time I was sick I completely lost the will to continue on with TA, and for weeks afterward. That's how I remember it, at least.
The old refrigerator (we had three fridges, and we have two stand up freezers, Al Gore would kill himself!) got taken away. Actually, we got our neighbors old one (it had a funny smell, and he's a Jew). So, also, my Dad's job needs a refrigerator. So we gave them our old one. And we WERE going to get this new one, the neighbors, but then we realized how much we LOVE the empty space. We could put SHELVES there for the pans and stuff! Oh baby!
Why is this relevant in a TA update post, you ask? Well, that fridge is where I was putting my tape. I put tape up and write on it with a marker I keep in the kitchen. So when I'm doing dishes or something, or cooking, I can just walk over and write down what I just thought of. It has to be tape so that I can then remove it and put it on aluminum foil, and then keep the hard copy. It's a thing I do.
I feel confident I could do some voices. Hopefully at least one of the main character's, and of course a few others. Such as the dudes who try to con people into buying stuff (think: Chet Rippo).
I still haven't figured out what kind of world they would be in. I don't want it to be as the current world (it might offend some people, honestly), but I also want to be able to make jokes about, say, the French. I was originally thinking of having something crazy happen during the 1500's or so, that changes the way things turn out. See, I also want common things- such as, I want ...say an AK-47, not some unnamed, made-up gun no-one will recognize.
The only problem about an incident occurring in 1500's is that then the US wouldn't have been formed. Of course, I could go off the theory that everything still happened as it did. Which I would.
Then again, I also want different things to happen. Such as, I don't want airplanes. Very few- I will attribute that to society's wishes (such as, people will travel less). Helicopters would be used (somewhat extensively) in their stead. Also, less space exploration. I don't know if there will be satellites.
Also, the continents would be closer together (some of them actually merging). Kings would still be around, albeit they would work off of a different system. I don't have the idea of this down yet, but I do know that the "enemy" (IE, not Team's continent) would have a face, or a King which is ...the popular King I guess. Then the actual King behind him, which doesn't make public appearances, but has the real power. The Face would be the dude who makes the speeches, and he would still have a relatively large amount of power. Also, he would be replaced somewhat often (rarely living out their "terms"), as he dies if the people so choose due to civil unrest.
There would be two MAIN continents, and I would like a neutral continent between them. This one would, well, be neutral. There would be a few other smaller continents (like Australia). Weather would be slightly different. I'd like to see a man-made floating island on the other side of the earth, as the continents will be gathered together more-also, extensive sailing. I need to study up on the continents. What do they call that, continentography?
I am having trouble connecting the chapters. I have bits and pieces of the storyline together, including some serious ending ideas, but I need to think of more pieces. Such as, I can't figure out the beginning (you know, how it connects), but I DO think I have an idea for the beginning "enemy." That's right, I am going about this like I'm making a video game, and there are levels. Brilliance!
I don't yet have a grasp of how ruthlessly, brutally difficult it will be making a series like this by myself. Just making it is hard enough, but then I have to get voice actors to work together. It's bad enough finding someone to voice every once and a while, such as the voice for Ness's, uhh, I can't think of the word. Adoptive father, I guess? He will make appearances near the beginning, really all the way through. And definitely at the end, so I'll need someone willing to continue voice acting for several years.
Then, Ness's voice and, God forbid I need to find a VA (voice actor duh) for Dan. I could imagine, that the only way to fully finish the series, would be years of production. I guess an average Flash episode is like, 8 minutes long. And 15 minutes, people get bored. I would say each episode would take two weeks if I REALLY worked on it- and that's only after I have momentum from previous episodes. Probably a month if I didn't work on it THAT much, and some would probably take only a few days if I already had the stuff drawn and just had to animate a bit and put voices and sound effects.
But the voice actor for Ness would, first off, have to be talented. Which would cut off at least 95% of people I would meet in real life- it takes soo much more than the ability to act to be a voice actor. Then, she would have to stick with voice acting- probably often- for years. Or, I could go the other way, and animate it all, then in a few years add sound and voice acting. But boy, that'd be slow work with little payoff until I begin adding voice actors and publishing, also, I'd miss out on any suggestions they may have, and their acting of the characters lines may call for differing expressions or actions, or even lead to a different event occurring. You know?
Of course you do. So now you're somewhat updated, and I've thought out my plans somewhat. I do feel a strong leading from God to join a church. This would open alot of doors.
Like Les Feldick says, God generally talks to you by open and closed doors. If a door is closed, you don't push it, you just wait for the open door. And like Hal Lindsey says, God knows what's good for you, and praying for Him to change that will not end up right. Rebecca St. James is playing right now. I love this song. "Forgive me."
Soo, Song of the Day is "Forgive Me" by Rebecca St. James, on her If I Had One Chance To Tell You Something album!
SAMUS ARAN SAMUS ARAN METROID METROID PRIME OMG METROID PRIME SAMUS ARAN HAH! Metroid tag!1
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment