Monday, July 09, 2007

Meet Precious

Meet Precious! Ignore that in this closeup she's sitting on a tennis shoe.


You've met Tiger. This is his sister, and my other cat. My Mom named her, and we also got her (and her sister) from my Aunt, the same mother as Tiger's. She is named opposite Vicious. As she is the good one, and Vicious is the bad one. Vicious is female as well, and she is my parents' cat. Here is Precious sleeping on one of her favorite toys. Much better than that old, lumpy, stinky tennis shoe.


See how photogenic she is? Yet, I do not have baby kitten pictures of her for some reason. I would not have taken any at that point in my life, and I guess my Mom didn't. It's likely I cannot locate them. I forget when we got her, but guessing, it was probably 2004-2005.

My Dad got the chair from his job. They have excess shipments of things sometimes, and employees get that excess. Yeah, I suppose they need cat chairs there. And yeah, I guess they ordered too many cat chairs.

Anyway, here she is with Tiger on top of my old dresser with the blankets.

Notice how annoyed Tiger is, and in the second picture, how Precious poses. You know why he's annoyed? Because they're five feet off the ground, and he hates being outdone by Precious' posing. But, if he attacks her, she'll attack him, and he'll flip off of the dresser to his doom. And he can't very well run- he's stupid, not scared. So he's forced to pose next to her. See the look on his face? Hatred and frustration!


And here she is a few weeks ago when my Mom cut my hair:

She saw all the hair on the kitchen floor, walked away, I guess, then found this wad of hair in the hallway, and clung to it lovingly. The thing is, that isn't my hair! It's a "ponytail" wig, I guess- you put it over a bun on the back of your head. I guess. My parents got it at a yard sale to use as a fake mustache. I NEVER wear it, so my scent would not have been all over it!

Her nickname is "Presh." She currently, as of July 9th, weighs 11 pounds, 4.8 ounces. We got her when Tiger escaped. He was gone for several (3-5) days (during a several-day storm!), and we went and got two new kittens. That's how it goes around here. It ensures everything stays in its place, lest it gain two new, bitter rivals.


Here she is again. They're eating caviar, but Tiger doesn't want her to have any. She just wants to try some. He will have nothing of it. Also, he will have none of it (the caviar). It turns out that cats don't like caviar- they're interested, but not that interested.

Also, humans do not like caviar, either. Weird, right?

She likes to WHINE, WHINE, WHINE. Usually when I enter my room and she's in it. Whine, whine, whine. That's good, though. I remember, 10 or so years ago, I left one of my rats in a cabinet. He wasn't my favorite, and we probably had 8 or so at that point. He starved to death over a period of 7+ days. That was when we discovered him (the smell gave his position clearly away), his belly bulging with maggots. Poor jerk. So yeah. Good thing she can meow for assistance. That's another one-up cats have on rats.


She doesn't go across the street, and does not sleep in the street. She's white anyway, so she would show on the blacktop. Here is a series of pictures of her struggling to show up Tiger and become the first cat to play a Wii game. Go, uh, go ahead and ignore the fact that my floor is so stained. I made the mistake of choosing the wrong room when we first moved in, and my brother did a number on it. This just happens to be the worst area, to boot. New carpet is high on my list...anyway, here she intends to just do it like it's just so easy:

Here she begins getting a little frustrated, discovering the challenge of not having opposable thumbs:

So she stands up, but doesn't realize the cord has...

...wrapped itself around her neck! She continues, oblivious, and falls onto her side.

As you can see, she has managed to get the wrist strap around her right paw, so she's making progress. However, the cord around her neck begins to tighten.

Until it's so tight, she begins choking, kicking feebly at the cord. She begins to lose strength...until...finally...she chokes to death.

Rest in peace, Precious. We will miss you.

Also, the new kittens, highly likely named Lentil and Popo (my brother named him), Popo either meaning Mr. Popo or "Po-po, policeman!" are held in high contempt of Precious's court. She DESPISES them. And she lets them know it. Before, her "hissing range" was 3 feet. Now that that Popo (the stupid one, boy, he's dumb!) snuck up 2 inches from her last night, her hissing range is 7 feet. She will also strike if they get closer.






Note: Precious is alive and well.

No comments: