Despite the dark name, Silver Bullet is a bit toonish. It is about a wheelchair-bound boy (he has motorized wheelchairs, so it's not too dull), let's call him Floyd, his older sister, let's call her Clarice, and his uncle (Gary Busey), let's call him Tyrola. Clarice is a bit of a...well, foul-mouthed, mean jerk. How's that? Other times, she is very sweet. Like all women. You know what they say: "How can you tell if a woman is being emotional?"
"How?"
"If she exists in any form whatsoever."
Good things:
- One of the best things about Silver Bullet is that it doesn't have "adult scenes" in it. I can't remember the last, recent monster movie which did not have adult situations in it. They could have very easily added some drunken college kids (seriously, they rent those actors out by the dozen for $1,200 a day!), but they didn't.
- Gary Busey, who plays Floyd's uncle, we're calling him uncle Tyrola, is lovable, but at the same time a worthless, dirty, stupid drunk. I've never seen an actor pull off such a feat.
- Some of the werewolf slaughter scenes are hilarious (that's a good point?!).
- That the wheelchair-bound boy (we're calling him Floyd) has to deal with a werewolf.
- The werewolf looked very good, especially compared to movies like Dog Soldiers.
Bad things:
- The biggest problem with Silver Bullet is the lack of stalking. I really enjoy when werewolves stalk things. This was also one of the major problems with Bad Moon (that werewolf only had access to two people).
- The werewolf was too powerful/did impossible things, like hit a guy in the side of the head and decapitated him.
- The werewolf was stopped way too easily by the stars, yet mercilessly destroyed anyone else.
- The werewolf turned out to be a person it oughta-not been.
- Too many people are killed, too fast. I would like even more for a werewolf to stalk someone, then have that person to get in their car and drive away, not knowing the werewolf was there. Oh, Hollywood, why don't you ask my opinion on things?!
- There is language in the movie I find offensive, possibly not solely for the language itself (your run-of-the-mill curses), but the context and who is saying it, and who it is being said to.
Come to think of it, (here I pretend I have just now noticed this trend! Watch me now!) it seems most movies centering around demonic monsters make fun of Christians. Just last night, I watched From Dusk Till Dawn 3: The Hangman's Daughter. "Watched" is too strong a term- more like sat through. Heh hheheheh, I love the feeling I get when I make fun of a terrible movie. There's a priest or whatever, just got married. Now, of course he's a sham, going to cheat on his wife (whom he married only for her money) because she doesn't want to, ah, let's leave it at that.
All in all, I rate Silver Bullet a 7.7 generally, and 9.8 amongst werewolf movies. If they had omitted at least some of the cursing, decreased the amount of multiple-slaughters (in one scene, something like 5 people die), and increased the amount of stalking time, I would have rated it a 9.7 generally. And that ain't no bull. LOL I HAVE ALWAYS WANTD 2 SAY THT
I once knew someone who actually typed like that, missing e's, using 2's, yet I don't think he put "u" instead of "you." He was so, so, so stupid. And I mean it. He was probably the stupidest person I have ever known. Not only was he stupid, but he was lacking in instincts, chiefly, logic. Anyway.
No comments:
Post a Comment