Wednesday, August 01, 2007

"Goosebumps"

Well, I am a nostalgic person, you surely know that. I am nostalgic by nature. My middle name is "Nostalgicsky." My first name in Greek means Nostalgia, and my last name in ancient, pyramid-dwelling Egyptian means Nostalgia. My middle name means Nostalgia in Russian.

I have heard all three tales I ordered. The Werewolf of Fever Swamp was like, the first book I EVER read (part of it I read waiting at the DMV with my Mom). Followed by Harry Potter 1, 2, 3, 4, and finally 5, I think (I was never much of a reader - especially of the Bible! EEYUCK!). The last one I finished in 1.5 or so days I was so desperate to get it over with. If I bought the book, I threw it out. Good books, as in the story pace and writing, but one of the very first things I ever discerned as... ah... not right. I wasn't even a Christian when I felt they were too demonic for me to read.

I ordered The Werewolf of Fever Swamp, Stay Out of the Basement, and The Scarecrow Walks at Midnight, all by R.L. Stine. The other Goosebumps book I read was How I Learned to Fly, I think. And one more about a type writer. Another about a haunted mask. I guess there was a TV show...man, I was young. Like, I don't even know if I was born yet. Probably not.

I loved the story of The Scarecrow Walks at Midnight. Or maybe that was something to do with lawn gnomes. Oh well, we'll see.


The Werewolf of Fever Swamp: $4.24
Stay Out of the Basement: $4.24
The Scarecrow Walks at Midnight: $4.24
The nostalgic value they bring: Priceless


I should expect the first one tomorrow. Let's see just how evil I don't remember them being.

No comments: