Well, yesterday Nintendo released a sort of client that allows for watching of streaming video. I ...guess.
This month is "Metroid" month, apparently, so that's the guise the client took. Oh, temptation of temptations. I just could not help myself. I had to look. I wanted to see the file (available August 13th, I gather) which shows the morph-ball but...no. Not available. See, that's how these things start: I just want to see a morph-ball. That's it. Just a plain, innocent morph ball. Oh, also, it's from Nintendo- not some lame video site. It's "official." It's no less spoiling, as should have been clear to me. Just because the filthiness is from a pretty, official source doesn't make it right.
It makes sense to me that God isn't impressed by us getting into a situation of temptation then having a 50% chance of getting it right. He wants us to skip out on those numbers, fleeing temptation early. As that's the surest way to avoid temptation. I failed that today. Lesson learned. Sure, it was only...one thing that was spoiled for me, and it was probably a really early occurrence, but...still. I feel so dirty. Spoilers are bad. Just so we're clear, I'm not using Metroid Prime 3 as an analogy for pornography. I'm...you know...I'm talking about Metroid Prime 3. I could see how you could make that mistake. I mean, I couldn't...but ... I mean...as in, that you could mistake my tone, not mistake Metroid Prime 3 for pornography. Not that it is in any way. Just to clarify. I mean, I just don't want to see spoilers. It ...spoils the game. I guess the same could be used as marriage, you know, pornography "spoils" marriage, but that's not what I mean. You'd have to be actively looking to see that. I mean, example, I could read an article on Amazon.com on choosing butterfly nets, and mistake that for bee catching nets. You know, they use the same words. "Net," "capture," "tensile strength," "Nettrometer," "'Famed Netgun,'" "net square," "net triangle"... it goes on and on. So yeah, it'd be really simple to think that. That's like having a dirty mind, though, if you think about it. It's just reading into things, and that, as far as I am concerned, is a spoiler in itself. Therefore, let us refrain from reading into things in the future, hmm?
Uhm...anyway, then, once I'm there (selecting the videos), I either watch one which spoils one fight very efficiently, or watch what I deem the "trailer," or "gamespoiler." Instead of the morph-ball video, y'know. I chose to watch the trailer. As far as I know, these have been up for quite a while (I am positive of the one, but not the other), but not on a Wii VC client. Like I said. Pretty, official, justifying source.
Honestly, I do not suggest watching either one. Samus looks -way- too hot standing in that window-building thing (she is suited). It makes me wanna cry! Strange thing is, she wasn't doing anything. Just standing there...I mean, it's not like her hair can be whipped in the wind or anything. Surely nothing like that one commercial where those two girls lick the same icecream cone at the same time. Uh, thus why I no longer watch G4.
I'd say the trailer spoils a few things (what counts as a spoiler?), though I could not finish watching it because I had stars and hearts lodged in my throat, along with a few bouquets of roses, causing me to pass out. Her arm cannon was the vase (by the way that would be THE greatest birthday present EVER! A Samus Aran Arm Cannon vase-- BEST PRESENT EVER! I'D CHOOSE TO BE BURNED AND HAVE MY ASHES HURLED INTO SPACE IN IT)...(dreamy sigh)
Oh, God, kill me now!
Anyway...it's only a little over a month to go. 40-or-so days. I guess it was pushed back another day (to August 28th), but I'm waiting until I have the all-clear from sweet Lady Winter to actually play. I get the all-clear around September 21st or 22nd. It descends from her sweet, sweet, frosty lips.
Until that time, I will most likely remain intensely busy, burying myself in work to pass time, yet keeping afloat enough to not drown. Speaking of drowning, I am hauling water for the Wilson's again (their hauler had a heart-attack for the third time again, sadly), so that's adding 5 hours in blinding sun to my week. I will have to see how long this is going to last. Also have to begin making and freezing meals. My parents have gripes with everything, so...I'm not sure what to make.
Soups are all despised...chili is too starchy (no matter how fantastic that starchy cornbread I make is). I guess I could cook up a ham. Chicken gets old too fast. Maybe I should just grind up 400 pounds of beef and make sausage. We can eat nothing but pure meat for a month. How could you complain? Observe:
"Man. This is horrible."
"Yeah, well, that's our homegrown meat."
"THIS IS FANTASTIC! WHERE DID YOU GET THE RECIPE- GOD BLESS THOSE COWS!"
I am coming to the end of my venting, fear not. There's going to be food. I am going to cook it. They will eat it, or...they'll die. Their choice. They can help now in deciding what they want, or suffer the consequences. Otherwise, we're going through a month of Broccoli Casserole and Chicken Spaghetti. Over a month. I thoroughly enjoy both...my parents ruthlessly despise their very existence. Let's see who loses out in this plea bargain, shall we?
Saturday, August 11, 2007
Kev Ghost Trips on Metroid Prime 3
Labels:
Dammit,
Food,
For me?,
Pondering,
Rascally Parents,
Religion,
Samus/Metroid
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment