What a task. The other day, I decided I was going to cook a few meals to freeze. I was bored. I made two meals of Chicken Spaghetti (like, 8 pounds), one meal of Broccoli Casserole, one pot of Minestrone soup, and a large side of Macaroni and Cheese. Funny thing. I made less of a mess than I do cooking one meal.
Anyway...Chicken Spaghetti (recipe someday) requires onions. I always toast these in the toaster oven. It's more of a steaming...but...they turned a peculiar color. I don't know if it's the aluminum (it's never happened before) or the heat, or possibly the pure radiance of love emanating from my heart. Picture below.
See how pretty and pink they are? Wow! How pretty! Prettyful is a word in this case! Oh, man. Why can't all food be bright, bright pink? Anyway, that's the title of this period of time. Pretty Pink Onion Cookery. Joy!
I just love Broccoli Casserole. Got to be my favorite side. At least vegetable-wise. And it's especially the only way I like (enjoy) broccoli.
When I make the next batch of Broccoli Casserole, I'll need 20 heads of broccoli (CostCo has some that is already cleaned; thank God!), 5 bottles of Bleu Cheese dressing, 3 quarts of plain yogurt, 10 cups of mayonnaise, 40 packs of those Ramen noodles, 25 cups of cheese, something like 5 pounds of mushrooms, and a quarter cup plus 1 T. of pepper! Whoo. Oh, and 40 eggs.
Up on my list of things to make and freeze are pork chops, Chinese fried rice, butterfried and teriyaki chicken, and split-pea soup.
The pork chops are really great warmed up from a deep freeze, as well as chicken teriyaki. Butterfried chicken may be better off cleaned, flattened then frozen uncooked. Split-pea soup along with breadmachine french bread would make a gourmet meal in minutes, plus I can make 3 gallons of it at a time as easily as I can make 2 quarts.
I can also clean, season, then refreeze steaks. I have a little over one month to get it all done. Is it...40 Dinners Impossible?
No comments:
Post a Comment