My Dad is bad with words sometimes. What he meant to say was "Look, I don't like going into stores by myself while you sit outside and sweat. Come in with me, you might see something you like." Whilst that's true, that's precisely the reason I DON'T go into stores! That, and I usually forget to bring a shirt. And...it's not fun going into a store after sweating for five hours. I will bring a spare shirt from now on.
My parents think I'm afraid of people. It's not that I'm afraid of them, I just don't like them. I am learning to like them though. Most people are nice if you're nice to them, I've learned, and more than most of them leave you alone. The others wield machetes and axes and are thusly easy to single out...and avoid. Some of them even wear noserings and have retina piercings and stuff. Creepy.
Then I got challenged by my Mom. "Wow, Kev, it isn't wrong to be sensitive to your feminine side- that doesn't make you gay at all! It just means that you have a healthy respect for women. Even if you were gay, that wouldn't make you a bad person, not at all. We would accept you still with open, loving arms."
My Mom is bad with words sometimes. What she meant to say was "Kev, you know you look twice as conspicuous sitting in the car than going into the store, right?"
She speaks with knowledge beyond her years. So, I began taking baby steps. I went into Love's with my Mom and Brother to get some coffee. Then I went into Love's by myself to
So, this weeks step, I will be venturing into a teenager-filled, happy-go-lucky place of vengeance (I may be describing it wrong). As you know, I have a teenager phobia, because...uhh...well, they creep me out, for one. With their closed-minded, free-thinkingness. And their hipster qualities. Oh, and their tendency to befriend others their age. They are also sometimes unstable.
I've got to (not that I am dreading it) work again this weekend. It isn't so bad, you know. You get a sense of accomplishment. Plus learn a trade. And make cash, with which to purchase things you don't need.
Yet, as I had spent two or so years addicted to the Internet, being up at all hours, I lost some sense of responsibility. Actually, I did not have a sense of responsibility to begin with. I don't know how my parents could have broken my Internet addiction. I think it's a case where you just have to hit rock bottom, which I did. God has kept me from "backsliding" into the wallowing pit of despair known as Internet addiction.
After that, I began cooking meals for my Aunt and Granny for about 8 months. Lots of responsibility, lots of work. I got paid ($40 a week or something), learned a bit about cooking, matured, and gained TONS of memories. Like that time I actually, by some force of good or evil, I do not know which (God knows), made good meatloaf. Wow. It's like stumbling on the cure for cancer, and not being able to recreate it. You try and try...but the cure always comes out dry or bland. Sadly, on occasion, dry and bland.
Then I did work with my Dad, sometimes working four days a week. Man, how exhausting. A workday is 10-14 hours in the sun, getting up at 2:30 or 3 AM. That also lasted for 7+ months. Right about as summer ended I lost the will to go on, and also the work dried up. However, I retained my ability to stay on a daytime schedule. That made way for my Dad to go serve his time in jail (luuuuck). Now he's out and fully licensed, and we're at it again. How long will I last this time?
It's all about, in my eyes, maturity. Like the Apostle Paul says in I Corinthians chapter 13 verse 11, (quoting by memory): When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I reasoned as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
1Co 13:11 (what it actually says): When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
OK, not too far off. I am writing scripture on my walls what for to memorize them. Fruits of the Spirit from memory: Love, Joy, Peace, Longsuffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, Temperance (Galatians 5:22-23).
[Galatians 5:]
| 22 | But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, |
| 23 | Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. |
Yes...yes...coming along quite nicely. Now I just need to figure out what on earth a fruit of the Spirit is! Could it be an apple? AN HOLY ORANGE?!?!
In other news, I think (think) I found a cool study aid thing. One of these days, I'll confirm just what a sea of brass is (sea in I Kings 7:23 also means "artificial basin"). And also, since I like this Bible so much...I am, I guess, picky about how a Bible looks- too small or big of print and I have much trouble reading...I want to get a cover for it, for so that I can take it with me. It's a dangerous world out there; just yesterday, a fly actually pooped on my Bible! I saw it right before my eyes.
Either that or, as my Pa antagonized, it was laying maggots on it! Eeeeeeeew!!
[plan hatched and set in motion; update sometime this week]
No comments:
Post a Comment