Metroid Prime 3.
Apparently, Here is the sickeningly sweet, butterfly infested tag of Things I Love Metroid Prime 3 got pushed back 7 days, and I have no idea why, and that's because I am abstaining from information about the game. For what reason under God's blessed, round green globe, you ask? Well, why should I hype myself up by reading everything about the game? I'll go crazy at that point, and may face disappointment. I'd have to break into someones home who I know has a gun and force them to shoot me. Then they'd be sorry. All of them! They'd all be sorry!
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption comes out August 27. That is really of no concern to me in terms of playing it, as I will be waiting until September 21st. I just want to build a shrine and stuff so I can worship it for the mean t...wait a minute...
Now...this could be a problem. I work with my Dad occasionally, right? I happen to be booked to work arm-in-arm with him straight up to his wedding day. About to October 10th. My birthday is October 6th. We're working on a cramped, creeped-out mobile home. Doors are 13" wide, and 4' tall. Death and Hell follow after.
I will begin playing Metroid Prime 3 on September 21st, as is tradition, begun when I first played Metroid Prime 2 back when, and I got some DUMB racing game at the same time. A-hah-ha-hah-hah. Racing games. Rofl. You know what racing rhymes with? Pacing. And you know what? Pacing is really, really boring. Much like racing games. They're basically one and the same. Basically.
So if I'm scheduled in for working until October 10th...uhh...
OK, let's find a way to weasel out of this, huh? My options are many. One, I could cut my arms off. That would...be self-defeating in purpose. I need those to walk.
\
I could fake a psychotic breakdown. "Oh no!" I could cry one morning. "The toaster is in the tub! All hope is lost! I have gone crazy and have to weasel out of working during my Metroid Prime 3 playthrough month which I have even postponed my parents wedding to preserve!"
The question is, how could I trick them into that... y'know, I could claim stigmata and say I need to visit the Pope, all the while having secretly climbed back into my bedroom window. I could dwell the halls at night, like Oledae McCriffterson, the world-famous cat burgler! But he did it the opposite way. He claimed stigmata, visited the Pope, then claimed not-stigmata, and climbed back into his supposedly vacant room at the Pope's Fortress of Darkness. Or, I assume that's what the Apostolic Palace is called. What makes that old man think he's anything special anyway?
Or I could work really, really hard, and try to get it all done sooner. Or I could just roll with the hills, and work while also playing Metroid Prime 3.
I don't know. I'd like to play at night, y'know...stay up till all hours, watching Star Trek in-between playing. Ahh, not to sound like a nerd, but Star Trek. Also, X-Files, but good episodes of that show are few and few between. Yes, I know, few and few.
I would drink the occasional RC, though I really hate soda (how is it so popular?). I'd have cabbage, cheetos (both hot and puffy), salted pickles (popcorn salt+pickles = awesome), strawberry whoppers and strawberries, along with dried apples, dried kiwi, and dried pickles (there's those green things again). Probably dried strawberries, too. When things dry, they become sour. Well, like apples do, for instance. So imagine what pickles would do. I seriously encourage the drying of apples.
I'd have those challah bread vegetable sandwiches once or twice, and a St. Patricks day feast one of the days. A feast leads to Reuben sandwiches from the leftover corned beef. Corned beef. I love it, but no idea why. It would surely be awenem.
Anyway...that's a while off. A month and a half. Wow. Not too far off, actually- I remember when it was 3 months! Not very far at all. Curses. Anyways, I can still have all that and work. I guess. The best part would be skipping making dinner. I could make crockpot meals, sure, and I will (I'd be amazed at what I can come up with!), but I'm not spending too much time on them. One huge thing is a clean room; I am perfecting that right now with my brain as I sleep. In the dark.
I could make up a gallon of "base," then take some base and combine it with whatever the main ingredient is, like pasta or broccoli. If it takes a quart of base, that's four meals for my trouble. Why did I not think of that aforetime? Those cool aluminum pans would work wonders, too. I could ...oh, listen to me, carrying on like a schoolgirl!
In ending, I have some weaseling to do.
Now, a word on televisions. I've wanted- keyword, here, is wanted- to play Metroid Prime 3 on an LCD TV for over 7 months, and I've wanted to play MP2 on one for over a year. I've heard there's a way to connect the Wii to a widescreen LCD which displays the games in Widescreen. I've also heard that it ramps up every game to widescreen, but I doubt. Maybe some games.
I know enough about widescreen televisions to know that if I want a TV roughly the same size as my current TV, it will have to be 24". My screen is 12" vertical. I think I could give a 10" vertical screen a big ole' bear hug and maybe share a mug of hot chocolate with it as I pour out my feelings to it...
I mean, you know, while watching ESPN. And ... drinking ...... beer.
Anyway...I can't find a reason for getting an LCD TV, other than I'd really like to play Metroid Prime 3 on one, and that's for two reasons.
One, it'll look better. If it's anything like the CRT VS LCD comparisons on Twilight Princess, it's going to be great. The sound is apparently better, as well, and I'm sure I can get a cheap surround sound thing or what not. Just two speakers, right? Like $20? $20.50 for a good set?
Two, it will allow me to take pictures of the game without freaky lines running rampant all over the place. I like taking pictures of games, you know.
Aside from that...I don't have too much reason. There are others, such as someday I'd like to get an X360, and sometime Nintendo will come out with a high-def system, so I'd be more or less futureproof. And I'd like to watch Spiderman 3 in widescreen, too, and that goes for a lot of movies, but I am not a movie-lover. Actually, movies are not a Kev-lover.
For an LCD in that size, it's going to cost upwards of $500. That's...a lot of money for a TV. So I'm going to think on it for a while. Like an responsible person (an responsible).
Monday, August 06, 2007
Twenty-Two Days to Corruption
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I watched something over the weekend about these newfangled televisions. When you are using them for video games you have to be careful of screen burn on certain types. So be sure to research that aspect. Love, Your Techmama
I've heard that rumor, too.
Rumor.
From the rumor mills. Why would video games cause screen burn? What about a blank, blue screen? That would be the ultimate burn causer.
Last night I had a dream I was playing Metroid Prime 3. That's right. It was on an LCD, too.
Post a Comment