Thursday, September 06, 2007

Kev Rebels Part 3: Rebellion's Consequence

[one] [two] [three]

After on the first day having chosen the path of rebellion, doing two loads of laundry, getting my clothes ready, making dinner, straightening up the house, going to sleep...

And after on the second day sleeping in, getting the family water (and the neighbors'), making dinner, and putting the shopping list together, taking a shower, loading my Bible cover, getting the debit card, leaving the house, arriving at Church for Wednesday Bible Study, studying for an hour and a half, going to the Fast Rite with the guys, then parting ways with them to head home...


...I came upon a chunk of traffic. No small chunk of traffic. It took me 50 minutes to cover a portion of road that normally takes 5 minutes, and you know how offramps are always as tumultuous as the road itself. One guy actually was determined to invent a hovercar. His reasoning was that he would figure out how to convert his old Chevy into a hovercar with a screwdriver, wrench and socket set before the traffic let up. People were lending him tools.


The bare fact that I was able to ask him what he was doing is a testament to how bad the traffic was.

I did get to let a Christian merge. It's always fun doing a nice thing then realizing you did it to a Christian...as I read a few weeks ago, Galatians 6:10:

10 As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.


Which is why they should all identify themselves with a banner of sorts, like I do. Once in town, I stopped by the store to get some shopping done. They have the most awesome roast on sale (which we need more of). Seriously, it practically prepares itself. It sure is tasteless improperly prepared, though.

There was a couple at the store who kind of looked like...well, you know those kinds of old people who look like they've been together a long time, but have not been very happy together? That. They saw my Bible cover. Contents unknown. "AHHHH!" she shrieked. "BIIIIIIIIIIBLE BAASHER! BURN IT, BURN IT!" she urged her husband. The weirdest things happen near the sweet potatoes. Try it; just hang out near them sometime holding a token of your beliefs- strap an ACLU badge to your forehead, or hold a giant swastika, or something like that. Sweet potatoes are like a range-limited full moon...it brings the crazies out.


I got home around 11:00 PM. My Mom was freaking out. "WHOA KEV IT RAINED!" "Yeah, Mom, totally. There was like...no rain out there, Ma." "OK LOL I WAS WRONG THEN GLAD UR HOME SON GUDNITE"




Today, I did some yard work. It was cloudy, but uncomfortable still. I long for Winter. I got a bag of garbage (or...yard "debris") and drug the fish tank stand to the Junk Heap. "OH NO!" my Mom exclaimed. "Why did you do that? That thing isn't junk! I can't believe it! Oh my!"



Because, Mom...I'm a rebel.





...though, I don't see my parents getting frustrated with me yet, calling Pastor RJ for a son-straightening sit-down, or threatening to kick me out of the house. Perhaps I need to ramp it up. I will clean my room tomorrow, and vacuum the floor. They'll...they'll be sorry I was ever born!

No comments: