Friday, June 08, 2007

See Kev Order Some More Things

I listened to a tobyMac concert the other day (GOD TV). He played a tune I suppose is back from his dc Talk days. DC Talk stands for Decent Christian Talk!!1 Wow!!!!!!


I also knew someone back when who was a Jesus Freak. He loved dc Talk. So I'm going to order a few CDs, as well as a present for my Dad.

$1.55- Jesus Freak (CD, dc Talk)
$0.75- Free at Last (CD, dc Talk)
$2.00- Genesis and the Big Bang (paperback, Gerald L Schroeder)
$1.00- Promises for a Jesus Freak (paperback, dc Talk)
$1.15- Live Like a Jesus Freak (paperback, dc Talk)

Merchandise:
Shipping:

TOTAL:
$6.45
$16.45

$22.90


If my math is correct, and you know it is, me and my parents should be even now. I spent (say) $18 on the Left Behind books, and now I spent (say) $22 on these books, plus my Mom took $40 for the K-Love donations.


Free at Last is like their best album evar. Jesus Freak is after they reinvented themselves (went from rap-hip hop to rock-something I guess). The book, Genesis and the Big Bang, is a present for my Dad for Father's Day. It's by an Israeli nuclear physicist, and he looks at Genesis as a nuclear physicist.

Zola Levitt, a few years ago, did a special with him and even wrote a "book" with him (like his Genesis book but shorter, the transcript of his interview actually, the book and video can be found here on page 22).

I am going to keep an eye out for that old copy of Encounters with UFOs. It's also by Zola Levitt, and another dude, and they explore just why UFOs aren't real (but demons). My favorite argument is that they have no mass (otherwise, they could not speed up then slow down so fast). My second favorite argument was how they evolved through the ages, seemingly always something we can comprehend.

No comments: