Monday, June 18, 2007

Three hours later...

Whew. That was nuts. Alright, so, I've been to the local Demon-Possessed Screaming Banshee get-together. They howl, they scream so loud. And church is NOTHING like a band of screaming Banshees! That's good.

I met this one dude named...actually, I'll withhold his name. He was older, I don't know, maybe my Dad's age. I am hoping to meet some friends my age, or around my age, but it's obvious that isn't gonna happen. That's just as well, though, the last thing I need is people wanting me to go do stuff with them.

"OH WOW KEV YOU CAN DRIVE?!?! K00L! LET'S GO RACE ON THE FREEWAY!!!" yeah, right. "HEY KEV WANNA GET STONED?! LOL ALL WE HAVE TO DO IS GO TO SAUDI ARABIA AND CLAIM WE'RE GAY GET IT LOL" I'll pass, freak show.

...yet...I'm so terribly, terribly lonely...



The service was alright. I wish I had taped it- and that I understood more. I can almost follow, but boy, he moves fast. The hour and 15 minutes was over in what seemed like 20 minutes. I couldn't believe it. It was great, honestly. And this stuff is hard to get your head around. It takes weeks or months, then it gels. Like, we concentrated on six verses (Ephesians 2: 11-20 I think), and he explained how Jesus blew a wall to pieces. See, next time he mentions this, I'll understand. Or at least make a correlation.

The batteries in my voice recorder were dead, so I didn't tape it. The church is small, and I suppose we need to get a group of people to talk to after the sermon. I "met" another guy whose name I will not disclose. He is older or younger than my Dad.

He noticed my "Pocket" Bible. My pants have pockets big enough for a full-sized Bible, and I would have my Mom tailor any that didn't. He was astonished. That'll be my trademark.


I'm looking forward to next week, but not necessarily looking forward to my brother going. He's going to cause trouble. With a capital T. Trouble.

I wonder if anyone there is computer literate.

No comments: