Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Guitaring Pains: I think I'm trying to tell me Something

My fingers hurt. My hands hurt. My throat is probably bleeding. Echo is really, really ticked off. And Echo usually does the ticking.


In case you can't tell, I've been hymning something fierce. I dis...ouch. Sorry, hand cramp. Finger cramp, actually. Hold on.


Hush little babies stop hurting so, it'll be OK in a day yes oh, stop your fretting no pun intended yo, it'll be OK in a day or so...



Sorry about that. I had to sing my fingers a type of nursery rhymeluby/lullarhyme. They love that kind of stuff. They move and sway and curl and ...retract... And stuff. Irregardless, I think I'm trying to tell myself something. I think what I'm telling myself is that I'm not playing hard enough, and I'm not singing loud enough. That has to be it!

Mr. dataDyne says that pain is weakness leaving the body...I'm sure it's the way that most things that he says actually, somehow, through some witch-like force of spoken spell, come true, but I think I've learned that when he says something, I should expect within a few days or weeks for the order of reality to be rearranged according to his mandate. Or maybe he just knows when the rearrangement of reality is going to occur, and it just seems like he does it.


Irregardless, if pain is weakness leaving the body, then I must have some weakness in my hymning character, because I am aching. One of my grandest, greatest, most splendid dreams is for some special people (but they have to be special and under special circumstances!) to lovingly create for me a nametag that says something about my guitaring on it. Like, "Hymn Guitar," or "Saint Guitar," or "Guitarzan," or something (and I want the necklace part of it to be expensively durable!). And a matching steel plate that can go inside Echo but with his name on it. We'll be matchies!

Why did I say that. I would guess I had a point. I forget it. Irregardless...forgot what I was going to say. I keep forgetting the points I'm going to make. Uhh, hold on.


\


Right. So, my point is, whilst I may be in pain, the greater problem is that I think Echo is not doing good. Hard strumming makes him sound...off. And I may need to strum hard if I'm making a Pentecostal musical point. The only remedy I know for this is...you guessed it...thicker strings. I make it sound more dramatic than it is, sure, but it'll be tons harder to do barre chords. Yeah, so there.

Uhh...and I may need to have the action lowered. But lower action = more fret buzz, and if thicker strings = less fret buzz, then unaltered action + thicker strings = very little fret buzz but hard to play.

We'll see how this pans out.


And no one get any ideas about making me a name plate necklace. If I want you to make it for me, I'll very well tell you to. You have to be a special person/people under special circumstances. So if you want to make me a name plate necklace, try to get yourself into a special, circumstantial position, OK? OK. Fair warning, it won't be easy for you. I will give you nothing but hell for your efforts. Like a baby that you are trying to feed ground peas to.

No comments: