Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Robber Bird and a Sunset

Yesterday, me and my dad did some work for some acquaintances of ours. I mercilessly and efficiently disassembled in a violent way a counter that was probably worth $800 and is now scrap.

It was built on-site into the wall, so it would have cost just as much to move it as it would have to hire the mob to burn the place down. I went to a Burning recently in the middle of a crowd of very dry, extremely tall trees. It was great...muahahaha!

On the way home my mom had us pick up a copy of Quicken - she lost her 2001 version disc. It was on sale for $40 from $60.


On the way home, I saw an EAGLE. But it wasn't an eagle, it was a robber bird - looking like an eagle is their primary defense. I don't know what they're actually called but I am calling it a robber bird, and if you want to fight about it, meet me at the Eastern Stairs tonight.


Here it is on a telephone pole. It was "chillin'." LOL!

There it is at the top. And there's my enemy...the ever-watchful Sun.

Below, you can see it flying away.


Now that I think about it, it wasn't that funny to say that it was chillin'. Sorry.

Here it is sitting on another pole. We chased it down. "Oh, great, they're back." See what's in its talons?

Tis a fish. Where it got a fish around here, I don't know, so I must assume it robbed from someone, thus its name, Robber Bird. We have no lakes or ponds, just a picture of The Grapes of Wrath that's a mile high and about 800 miles around, encompassing us. I'm so dramatic.

Anyways, then I got a picture of a sunset. Pink sunsets are my favorite, but not all of them look good, and even less come out in picture form. For some reason, the search "pink sunset" only brings up the post: Bad picture or bad NightShot? I took a video of a pink sunset in it.


I like how the whole sky has shades of pink around it.


Well, now it's turning orange. That's OK, because orange is a primary color of The Hatchling, but orange sunsets aren't as awenem as pink ones. (For you new fools, awenem is the base, concentrated source from which awesome is derived. It's like awenem is the syrup, and awesome is made by adding the carbonated water, in soda terms. Thus the term, "raw base awenem.")

Time to go. I have calculating to do.

No comments: