Yep, it's gone.
Anytime I'm around a large mass of unknown by face fellowsaints, I switch to some kind of instinct-based sight mode which I can only describe as Saintovision. If you've ever seen Doom the movie, the FPS scene in particular, it's not really like that.
I would describe it as intense observing. If I see someone who looks about right, based upon their movement, how they carry themselves, if they're staring at me, their manner, who they're talking to, how they're talking, etc., I add them to my target list. Then I move to intercept them.
It goes like this:
Step 1: See a saint.
Step 2: Evaluate the saint's movement, manner, and interaction with the saints around them. It helps if you know the saints they're talking to.
Step 3: Add to Target List, or add to Possible Target list and maintain observation.
Step 4: Move to intercept. (It helps if you know the saints standing nearby them.)
It's not a perfect method, but it works well considering how many are there...at least a hundred and fifty. It was supposedly a 'huge' turnout- they were everywhere! But I knew a lot of them already. It was great to see them again. At the end...I think I only missed one target, but that was only to say hi again. So I think I met everyone new that I set my sights on.
My point is, if you've heard me murmur about how "My target has mobilized," or "Target is on the move," "Scopes locked," or "Moving in for the kill," that's why. It meant that someone on my target list was in a position so as to be susceptible to interception. I often leave in a hurry.
Anyways, I was stuck in this for a few days after. It was creepy. Everybody I saw got a half-second, intensive head-to-toe eye evaluation to see if they were pal material. Imagine having your poor eyes lock onto and fiercely process every single person you see against your will...and worse, I don't know if one person from our little town passed.
I love the saints. They usually pass with flying colors.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment