Alright, here's the knife. And the kit. I use a DMT Aligner, which I got for my 16th birthday, the best birthday ever. I keep a little glass around to get water from when necessary.
I'm slowly trying to get it to my parents: Black knife is for meat, red knife is for vegetables. And I'm slowly trying to get it to my dad: Steel is not an expedient cutting surface.
OK, I always begin by taking the black marker and marking the blade of the knife, like so:
Next, I clip on the angle-guide. Yes, I use an angle-guide. Wanna fight about it?
And then the stone-holder. Did I mention I use DMT? They say diamonds are forever.
Now start a-sharpening. You can find information on that here: ION: Cows, Sharpening, Shaving, and Shrimp. To sum it up, I am going to begin this knife with the 325-mesh stone, and finish it with the 1,200-mesh stone.
If you look closely, you can see the difference between the 325-mesh (blue) and the 1,200-mesh (green).
So start sharpening...hey, we're done! Time sure does fly when you're not actually bound by it. In the end, it's all worth it:
Sharpened knives make me happy. The poor avocado pit never saw it coming.
No comments:
Post a Comment