Well, today I had a dream that I was Neo. An Agent was trying to kill me. Except that...the agent traveled back in time, Terminator-style. Wiggy.
I then got to thinking how much I like Gumbo because I looked at Pioneer Woman's BBQ Shrimp recipe (which looks birthdaytastic!). I have a deep admiration for seafood. My parents kept me hopelessly held back from seafood. "YOU CAN'T EAT THAT, KEV," they spat. "But Mama, Papa, I wanna eat seafood!"
"THEN YOU CAN DO IT OUT IN THE RAIN! NOW SCOOT, YOU VERMIN!" they screamed. "GET IN THERE AND EAT YUR DAMNED HOTDOGS AND HAMBURGERS OR CRAWL OUT THERE IN THE RAIN AND DIE AND ROT IN HELL!!!"
...needless to say, I did not eat much seafood.
But now it is time to take my vengeance. Now that they can no longer drag me outside and leave me in the cold and rain. I began by establishing Salmon as a dinner. Then, I established Gumbo as a great dinner. My parents- both of them- HATED Gumbo. I mean, they would get sick just if they knew it was cooking. They'd lose their appetite a week before and not know why. It's like, Gumbemaric pressure or something.
It, hah heh ho hah, turns out they'd never...y'know...actually...you know, had Gumbo. It turns out they love it. Oh, but they hate shrimp. I bet...that if I make BBQ shrimp... they both dig in, heaping praises on me. Oh, and that certainly would be a great meat dish for my birthday, to compliment the Rotini and Sweet Pepper Primavera (primavera has the word "prime" in it! Yes!). They say it takes 2.5-3 pounds of 21-26 count shrimp. Hmm.
Someday, I'll need to get a cookbook on seafood cooking. And I am going to own some crabs in a few months, here. By own I mean pwn, not "possess." As in...cook, then eat. Heh heh heh.
Speaking of "pwn," did I mention I do so find it difficult to lug around a Strong's Concordance, and it really takes a while to find something with it? Y'know, somehow...I think I forgot to post that. You know, how Hitman and the Justice think it's funny to lord these things over me. Oh well, I'll buy myself one for Christmas or something.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey Kev...
Here's a recipe from my own creation that it pretty darn good! Try it some time.
Easy Baked Potatoes
2 Lg baking potatoes
1 Tbls instant minced onions (you can use fresh just make sure you saute them in butter till they are super soft and don't burn them--add them with the white sauce after it's done cooking)
1 cup White sauce (2 Tbls Butter, 1/8 tsp pepper
2 Tbls flour, 1 C. milk, 1/4 tsp salt--melt butter, add flour till bubbly, add milk gradually till thickened...add salt and pepper--taste adjust seasonings)
1 C. Sour cream
2 Slices (or more cooked chopped bacon--I like MORE)
1 green onion chopped
1. Clean, peel and cut potatoes into large bite size chunks. Boil potatoes and add instant onions till tender--add salt to water to flavor potatoes.
2. Prepare white sauce. Fold in sour cream.
3. Cook bacon till crispy--not too crispy though, drain. Fold into the white sauce.
4. Fold cooked, well drained, potatoes into white sauce mixture. Taste, adjust seasonings.
5. Arrange on platter and sprinkle with green onions. Serve and it's YUMMY! Enjoy!
Hmm. I'll try that sometime. I think I made something somewhat like that once (it was mashed potatoes layered in a scalloped potatoes fashion). I just...just...
Oh, God, I can't help it! Why are they called easy baked potatoes? There's a pot with water in it BOILING...and the oven...the oven is cold and dark!
And also, could small, beady, untrustworthy red potatoes be used in the stead of baking potatoes?
Post a Comment