Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Kev and Cupcakes

I have a confession to make.


I...have trouble making cupcakes. Yes, tis true. It started back when I was 9. Somebody made blueberry cupcakes...and...I tried to make blueberry cupcakes. They turned out...not so good. All the blueberries went to the bottom, and, oh, I've been traumatized ever since. I wanted to die.

Slowly, over the years, I've been mending my relations with cupcakes. Well, really, I've just been getting over the tragic event. A while back, I made Pumpkin Chocolate Chip muffins (which are really good, and especially good as mini muffins), and recently, I made these Wicked Cupcakes.

They have a peanut butter frosting. If you're like me, you'll laugh, because you HATE peanut butter! In fact, it makes you sick. But I loved these cupcakes despite the fact they had peanut butter in (or...on) them. I did not make witches out of them, but cutting into them and inverting the cone of cake on top is a neat way to decorate. They're a little difficult to eat with a cookie on them, which is why I didn't bother.


Once again, let me advise: if you ever have to "combine flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon" in a bowl, just use a ziptop bag (you'll have to blow it up a bit then seal to "shake" it properly). It works tons better and does not dirty a bowl. I'm sure you could reuse the same bag, but I prefer to cut a hole in the corner to easily pour into the Kitchenaid (when I need to alternate, especially). Yes, I am spoiled.


Next on my list is the Lemon Crusted Lullyberry cupcakes. Oh, I'm sorry, Lemon Cream Cupcakes. I only saw "Lemon Cr" in the tab, and I assumed it was "Crusted Lullyberry." But y'know, I think I will call them Lemon Crusted Lullyberry cupcakes. I have high hopes for these (I <3 lemon). After, my next goal is a nice, white cupcake with pink or purple frosting. How the hell do I make white cupcakes?

OK, after searching one of my best cookbooks, I come up with buttermilk cupcakes. Ooohkay.

Now I only need a fr...oh, baby. What on earth is a Dobostorte?

Or a coconut cake with lime curd...

Well, I'll need to spend some more time with this cookbook.


As for the cupcakes, I'll convince my parents to buy the ingredients today. I just need 8 lemons or so. I'll need a cup of juice for the meringue pie. And zest. I'll let you know how they turn out.

No comments: