Yes, my parents' wedding is less than half a month away. I would be happier, but there's no cash involved for me. I'll now take occasion to say that the wedding is a curse, of a thousand sorrows, which turns my parents into freaks, freaking out and yelling at each other, and lying to me!
So to start a bad week off, on Saturday, my Mom wasted half of our water by leaving the water hose running. I was bitter over that. I get bitter and grind my Teeth of Anger and Gears of Hatred as opposed to exploding on the spot and ...making a spot on the carpet, unlike some people.
Make no mistake. I tried to hold my bitterness. Yet it remained. Then, my Dad used my brother as a shield to avoid going to Church. So me and my Mom, the "happy new couple," showed up. I am sure that's the new thing; it's not bad enough to assume we're married, now they assume we're getting REMARRIED after having two children, one of whom is 20 years older than me!
But...I digress. To make matters worse, on the way home, we get word that the goat, Zoe, is about to shoot out a few babies ("shoot" is the correct term for her; projectile birthing is the technical term). So we do not have a chance to get a voice recorder. I need one. My old one does not have a USB cable, so it cannot transfer (it's a Sony- what was I thinking?! God forbid, do not get Sony ever again, Kev!), and the Hitman has been out of town for the last two Bible studies, and possibly this one. I want to make him a CD of the Bible studies so he is not behind. The voice recorders' worth shall be shown!
In addition to not getting the voice recorder, there is a really fantastic sale on beef. We did not get to stop for that. Then, for Sunday night dinner, my Dad made one of his specials. Uncleaned boneless/skinless chicken (they weren't even unfolded!), overcooked until it is dry in the oven, with no spices or seasonings whatsoever. They had cheese and ham on top. They were served at room temperature.
As for the side, we had tamales. Tamales with stale masa. Tamales which begged to die. I offered to buy new masa, but no, no, no. They were only slightly edible, and it made me even more bitter.
On top of this, he completely filthied the most difficult-to-clean pan we have. He DID put aluminum foil on one pan he used, though, so he's getting a bit smarter. Then, he said he'd get water on Sunday- while he was staying home from Church- but he did not. So I HAD to get water on Monday.
Then I discover he took the truck (on Monday), which is the easiest way to get water (unless you want to mess with hooking up a trailer then having to unhook it within a few hours, not fun). That sent me over the edge, and no longer was I only bitter on the inside. I was en angered. I TOLD him I needed to get water on Monday. "But I figured you'd just use the car," he said. Oooh.
I don't get angry often. Everyone else? Well, my Brother is angry in a bad way several times a day (he has a brain tumor pushing against his...brain, giving him a constant headache. That's my theory, at least), my Dad routinely upsets the house through his judgment of the condition of house-cleanliness (he blames everyone but himself), and my Mom snaps all the time. They're great most of the time, but compared to me, they're ravenous, evil entities of death.
This Monday?
The Monday I am mad on?
Give me a wild guess as to their mood.
That's right.
They were in good moods. This is the first time in probably 2 months I've seen them all in good moods at the same time. And I was in a bad mood. For the first time in 2 months.
You freaking bozos!!! DAMN!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment