I was driving along...and all of a sudden a cloud of desperate, drooling doom materialized out of a puddle of pure, lingering demonic hatred. It descended on the road ahead of me and another person. They veered off of the road onto the other road and into a ditch. I, being a wielder of the Holy Spirit, was able to drive through it successfully.
Have you ever heard the parable of the ladder? A man climbs up a 4-step ladder. Later, the same man attempts to repeat the process for several minutes, i.e., climbing a 30-step ladder. The ladder is the same, but the psychological offset offsets the man's ability to successfully climb the ladder.
It turns out that it wasn't a cloud of desperate, drooling doom which had materialized out of a puddle of pure, lingering demonic hatred, it was a flock of birds. But I knew that if it was a cloud of desperate, drooling doom which had materialized out of a puddle of pure, lingering demonic hatred, I would have survived. The other guy obviously didn't, and I am unsure if he's dead or not. He wasn't going that fast, I'd say he's OK.
Anyway, since I had never seen so many birds, I turned around posthaste. I passed by on the opposite side, but I saw none. A thousand ill-conceived curses! I thought, as I found a place to turn around. As I was driving, I saw a dread shadow hanging in the field. Wait just a lilly-livered minute, I thought. "THOSE ARE THOSE DARNED BIRDS!" I said aloud. My time would have been much better spent, y'know, stopping...instead of slowly emitting the words "THOSE ARE THOSE DARNED BIRDS!"
Regardless, I eventually got back to the field. Here are the birds!
There's the tree. Yes, it cast that huge shadow...and there's also a telly line there for them to chill out on. I said "telly." That's an English word that makes me seem smart!
For some reason, they will not move. They just sit on the ground. It was fantastical when they all converged on the road... I wondered what I could do.
I'm sure I broke no "most birds ever" records, but it's my most birds ever record. It made me 10 minutes late, effectively making me only 30 minutes early. I think I have all the data I need for my Sacrilegious Sunday post this week, though.
Now, if you'll excuse me...I really am quite tired. I feel like someone hit me over the head with someone else's head and their head had a helmet on it.
2 comments:
Kev,
It's quite a coincidence your post should be about birds. I was thinking just yesterday, (Yesterday wasn't the only day I thought this week, it's a figure of speech) that there must be a million birds per square mile in Arizona. Actually a million on my block alone, I never see a dead bird. Where do all these birds go to die? Is it illegal for a bird to die in Maricopa county, do they all go to Pinal county to die? Maybe there is a bird vortex they fly into. Help me with this! If there is a law, what is the punishment? I have never seen one getting a ticket.
Awesome bird pictures. I have seen those birds flying around like that and wished I could catch them in flight. Very cool. TM
Post a Comment