Thursday, January 31, 2008

Claw Machine: First Try of the Year

You'll remember my post, Claw Machines. Kev Likes them. It's been quite a while since I was able to play a claw machine. October 19th, to be exact. I did not win anything. Except some lost respect from the waiter.

Last night, we went to dinner- me, the Pastor Raw Justice, the Hitman, and Mr. dataDyne. We went to a Mexican fast food diner. It was pretty good. I had what the Hitman had, a Carne Asada burrito. He went ahead and ordered for me, as he knew what was good. It was better than Filiberto's because it didn't have large chunks of grizzle in it.

I hope I didn't make myself seem an immature fool when I asked Mr. dataDyne (he's part sinister multinational corporation headed by aliens, what of it?) if he had any quarters so that I could play the claw machine. Sure, I am an immature fool, but I like to let people discover that gradually, not just drop a desire to play a 5-year-old's game in their lap.

The target is the mouse-thing there. See the green "pillow?" Up from that is the red...dolphin thing, up from that is a weird looking thing, and one up from that is a creature with a pink blotch on its stomach and pink ears and feets. That's the target, right below the smiling yellow ball. I had resolved to bring at least a dollar- I failed miserably, in that I only brought 75 cents and the machine wasn't taking the $1 bills. That'll never happen again. Afterwards, while we were in the parking lot, Pastor examined with unparalleled concentration a dime and quarter he had found (in his pocket, I assume.) I wonder who paid. Whoever paid, thanks!


/

[I am now talking in a tennis/golf announcer voice, very hushed] I had only one shot. It was too cold for a bead of sweat to gather on my brow...I aimed and positioned the claw over the foul stuffed beast...it dropped by its own will, I did not push the button...up went the foul beast...moving...until it dropped out of the machine where I promptly picked it up. "Whoa! He got it!" someone announces with astonishment...behold the glory, below.

Yes, the first catch of the year! Also, the first try of the year. Thus, I have a 100% success rate. It was a good dinner. I think we need to go to that place and the Denny's with a claw machine much more often.
See, Valentine's day is coming up, and we should all go and play the claw machine and see if we can get our honeys a red heart-holding red bear. Oh wait...I don't have a wife nor girlfriend. THANK YOU VERY MUCH LORD THAT I AM FREE AND AM NOT BOUND WITH BURDENS THAT ARE GRIEVOUS TO BE BORNE

I gave the catch to the Hitman, who said that his daughter, Soffs, would probably like it. Otherwise, I would have given it to the woman in the restaurant who had a 2-year-old hipster. Typically that's what I do is give it away. Like I said, you're a stalker if you buy something and give it to a random person, but you're a good Samaritan if you win something in a claw machine and give it away. "Hey, I just won this in that claw machine, and I don't have anything to do with it, would you like it?"


Mr. dataDyne relayed a story to us of how he suggested one of his shortstops name their stuffed animal "Target." Lol, kids are so stupid innocent. Then they proudly tell their grandparents. "This is Target!" I wonder if he named the other Practice. Target and Practice. Heh heh heh.




Remember how I said that I would never be caught without quarters again?

Behold the glory.





All is as according to plan...now I'll just stuff these in my Bible bag, which can hold about 5 Bibles, and I'll be all set.





Tries: 1
  • Times played on $.50 machine: 1 play, 1 catch
  • Times played on $.25 machine: zero
  • Times played on $1.00 machine: zero

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

DD LOVES those claw machines! I hate them, lol!