Thursday, February 28, 2008

One Anothering with the Vacuum

I've now got a recliner in my room. That will open up some possibilities; I have a sitting problem with my legs, thus it's more comfortable to sit on a recliner than the edge of my bed. Recliners sometimes recline a bit too much. It's hard to tell, but the pitch may be so that it hurts either my neck or back. Perhaps that is fixable, perhaps it is not. So far, I noticed that this recliner- as opposed to "my" recliner in the living room- has better padding on the armrests, and the armrests are also lower. That's good.

Anyway, onto the point of the post.


As you'll recall, I got fed up with our vacuum. It's a Bissell, a Walmart special, and I forget why, but I got really bitter toward it. I think it went through a period where it developed clog after clog after clog and I went crazy and put it in the doghouse. (Come to find out, that doesn't make inanimate objects see the error of their ways. Truly, punishing inanimate objects is difficult, and it could be argued that you are the one who decides if it is suffering or not- thus it is not suffering- as it can't actually suffer personally, sentiently. Mr. dataDyne would probably have some proverb on punishing inanimate objects.)


The new vacuum failed on a plethora of levels. Hold on, let me make sure that's the right word. OK, it is. I don't know if I've ever used it before, and before I use any word, even if I know it, I always make sure. It's a failsafe, and it's saved me many times, believe me. You don't have any idea how badly you can jumble the word "narcissist."

Basically, I'm too tall to use the vacuum. And it has a really weird feel- some would say "cute," others, like me, would say "cheap." It's actually in a strait between cute and cheap. It was a little lighter, but it was at least five times as hard to push. If I was shorter, it would have been easier- but still harder than the Bissell model we have.

Additionally, the extension hose does not stretch, so the accessories were all but useless. Overall, it's a mishmash of cool elements, and horrendously idiotic ideas. The emptying method was neat, but encourages neverreplacethefilteritis. It's like having indoor plumbing; if you never see- and smell- where all the waste goes, you never have your septic tank emptied. Until you do see and smell it. Then it's too late.

So, after going through weeks of having my mom vacuum for me, I decided to enact a little one-anothering. Kindly affectioned. Tenderhearted. Forgiving one another as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. (Romans 12:10 and Eph. 4:32- not exact quotes at all.) I decided to put what's behind us behind us, and be pals with the vacuum cleaner. I named him Charlie. We're getting along great; he sucks all the dust and cat vomit off of my floor, and I push him so he can do it.

My room is currently still considered a Blue Zone.



In other news, I think I will begin playing the NOD campaign of Command and Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars again. I actually almost completed it, but after that woman was executed, I pretty much couldn't take anymore awesome. I'm trying not to sound like a freakish, callused goremonger, but that was probably the coolest execution I ever saw. It was...elegantly non-graphic. That's a good description.


Oh, also, Samus Aran. Now I can give this the Samus/Metroid tag.

1 comment:

CorwinFan15 said...

Update: I forgot one part of the execution that I remember now that I watched it again. As she falls to the ground she lets out one last squeak...it would have been much better without that last shard of humanity.

Now I feel bad. :(