Well, I had a dream today. It was simply eerie. (Audio link is above lyrics, after recounting of my dream.)
John McCain had drowned. (HaD. In my dream. I don't want him dead, of course...I don't like him, but that doesn't mean I'd ever want him to be killed.)
The video footage was graphic; they drug him out, and he was waterlogged and still partway alive. His brain was dead, but somehow he was moving and trying to talk. Great last moments, dude.
You know those people who host "Weekend Update" on Saturday Night Live? ...well, I just trudged through the Saturday Night Live site for 10 minutes, but I couldn't find them. Now let me find them in half a minute on Wikipedia.
Lol, I love it when I'm right. It was Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, and Jimmy Fallon. Once I found Tina Fey- the only name I remembered- I found the other two easily. They're the ones who hosted the Weekend Update, but not all at the same time.
In the dream, one of the women was named Mindy. They reported on McCain's death- they were serious reporters- then they for some reason came to my house! I was apparently a rabid fan, and I wanted to ask Mindy if Midna was a nickname for Mindy. I always ask people if their names are derivatives of other names, like they're experts on their own name or something. Y'know, that was the first brainstorm I've ever had while dreaming. I hadn't thought of Mindy and Midna being alike.
I guess they were investigating McCain's death. They were being very conspiratorial. They would talk amongst themselves and such. Then, Jimmy Fallon showed up. The next part is very foggy...it probably just skipped to the next scene; them trying to frame me for McCain's drowning.
They were leaving, so I was saying goodbye to them. Their car was in our car's place, and also was our car. Then, Fallon handed me a handful of vials, two that were dripping with liquid, almost like syrup. It reminded me of how corn syrup "sticks" to you as if it were a layer of oil.
At that point, I got the idea- somehow- that these were extracted bodily fluids from McCain or [some other method of proving whoever had the vials committed the crime], the newscasters were the ones who drowned him, and they were now trying to frame me. Smartly, I set the vials on the top of their car, so they couldn't leave. I started banging on the side of the house to get my mom out there to keep an eye on them, then I ran inside and got the camera to video tape them with the vials. I then woke up.
My question is, where does this come from? I haven't watched Saturday Night Live for months and months, and I haven't handled corn syrup for about a month. Yesterday, I was examining the side of the house, though not in the area I was banging on. And I have had increased mental thought on my camcorder lately, as I'll be bringing it with me to California.
That's about it for the "logically, this should be in my dream" part. After that begins the "Where on earth did I come up with that?" part.
I then woke up with the McCainiac song stuck in my head. That's the most comforting song since the Zelda Rap.
Aha. It took some digging, but I finally found it. Link via J.D. Hayworth's audio section: McCainiac. I'm not a fan of J.D. Hayworth- he talks far too slowly- but I tuned in and managed to catch the tune.
Lyrics:
Just a seventy-year-old from Arizona
And I'm making my last big run
Pushing through New Hampshire on the straight-talk express
With my old pal Joe Lieberman
Changing stories faster than I can change shoes
On amnesty I will say this:
It is not amnesty, because I say so
It is simply illegal bliss
You must join up with me
Cause I really know what's best
I deserve the presidency!
Ambition beats within my breast
I'm McCainiac, McCainiac in this campaign
You better vote for me or you will feel some pain
I'm the McCainiac, McCainiac it's true
And you'll vote for me just like I tell you to
[AUDIO SOUNDBITES FROM MCCAIN]
I always do the right thing, and it always turns out alright. And I know what the right thing is.
I'm worried about our nation's security, and if you or anyone else has a better way of securing our borders, people are here illegally, I'd love to hear it.
[RETURN TO SONG]
Sure I oppose Bush's tax cuts quick as a wink
And I want to close club Gitmo
But you know I really don't care what you think
After all, I am a hero
Cause the fact is I am destiny's man
Even the newspaper[sic] know that it's true!
And you'd better listen to me right now,
Cause I want to tell you what I will do
I'm McCainiac, McCainiac in 2008
You will vote for me because I'm absolutely great
I'm McCainiac, McCainiac it's true
You will do just what I tell you now to do
McCainiac, McCainiac it's true
You will do just what I want you to go do
Saturday, February 09, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Kevinsky,
Sounds like an "Oregano" induced event. Did you happen to have pizza before going to bed. Oregano is probably responsible for untold mental anguish, and it goes unnoticed because pizza is good.
Hmm. No, I don't think I had any pizza. Or anything else containing oregano. I don't even think I put oregano in my pasta sauce.
Have you ever wondered why pizza is good? Or, more to the point, why some pizza is horrible, and other pizza is great?
Come on, why didn't Toni Ravioli just tell everyone how to make good pizza- write a book, and be done with it- instead of telling his pals Palpa John, Lalttle Caesar, Dalminose, and Palzza Hut four different pizza recipes?
Bleh. For now, I need to go drink some apple cider vinegar, some cod liver oil, some oregano oil, and some vitamin B thing. Then go read up on "water intoxication."
Oh, and why does oregano cause such despair?
Post a Comment