Friday, January 04, 2008

Welcome the new Vacuum

The last vacuum cleaner we got was a Bissell Powerforce Bagless- the base Walmart special vacuum. It worked fine for quite a while...over a year now, I think. Or more than a year. I am unsure of why it's not working now. We vacuum about once a week. So it was good for about 50 cleanings...so it cost almost $1 each time we used it, not counting electricity. (Insert "womp womp" sound effect here.) It's still good for, I don't know, something (maybe we can give it to Good Will), but I am personally sick of it, regardless of its ability. If it were brand-new I'd still be disgusted by it, thus would not want to get another of the same model.


I remember the day my parents brought it home. It was late evening. There was a movie on in my room...something to do with a train and a raging Hell beast- probably several of them- trying to break into it. They were creatures that moved about real fast. Anyway, at first remembrance I mistook this memory for the train in Splinter Cell (I forget which of them, except that it wasn't the train in Double Agent). I also almost mistook it for the train in Paper Mario: TTYD.

I think they also picked up a copy of Dragon Ball Z: Budokai. My brother finished it in a few hours...or I think. Those games are so confusing; maybe he just...I don't know. It was so very boring, playing the matches over and over, listening to some poor VA making a fool of himself. And every time you failed a match you had to listen to the "cutscene" again. Ugh. I hate Dragon Ball Z. Now I've gone and gone off topic.

I cleaned my room especially for the vacuum, so I could vacuum it. Now I will do the same for the living room. It is 1:11 PM. A walla, one shazam, and two botta-bings later...


...and after four and a half hours of laboring, my work is finished! Yes, I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the forces of filth away if but for a season. I only got one garbage bag worth of throwaway garbage; so that means the rest of the garbage stayed in the house, if you know what I mean. (That is to say, I basically just piled stuff on top of stuff in the corners! Ouch.)


My room is a total wreck now (it wasn't before?); I need to clean out my closet. Like a man. And throw stuff away. Like a man. I shave...therefore, I can do any manly deed. Including throw away useless stuff. My lack of use of my dresser is the main problem; I'll have to sort that out. But here I go, Carrying on Like A Schoolgirl. I'm also Pondering Plotting and Planning.

The new vacuum is a Dirt Devil Vibe Quick Vac. You can click the link for a picture. It looks kind of...weird. And it's very hard to push compared to the Powerforce...but it's a lot simpler, in some way. We'll see how I feel in a few weeks. It's got a cute, dandy little hatch at the bottom for emptying. Speaking of emptying, lookie what I got off of the floor!

Yes, 1 pound, 13.5 ounces of dirt and pet hair!
For good measure, I vacuumed a mint up along with the dirt. I don't want it to have bad breath. Or...dust.


My dad hates it when I clean (yet hates it when it's cluttered). My parents typically have a lot of stuff in the living room that should go in their room. "Oh, you're not my father, I don't even have enough time to properly defecate!" he says out of the blue. Really, if someone doesn't have enough time to use toilet paper, something is wrong. Though...it does explain why he always smells feces and no one else seems to.



Actually, I think I should erase that last bit. I'll get it in editing.

Like a man.



Tomorrow I will post about ice cream. Stay tuned. Or actually, just check back tomorrow at intervals. I guess staying tuned would be hitting refresh a lot, and that'd just be stupid, because I probably won't post until noon or something. Off I go to learn about...one anothering. Bleh bleh blah blah do this do that, be kindly affectioned "wah wah wah." UGH.

No comments: