You may know what it is; I didn't, so I will explain. It is hominy (I guess Pozole is spanish for hominy) and a meat (beef/pork/chicken usually), along with green chiles and some onions and garlic. You serve it with finely shredded lettuce, lime, sour cream, you know it's mexican food. Guacamole, radishes apparently...all optional. It's a sort of stew. The lime is important.
I was looking to make some food from my Mom's website, and I was going to make Crockpot Stuffed Bell Peppers. However, I had no white rice, and it doesn't work well with brown rice. So I decided to make Chili-Hominy Soup. Uhm, however. It looked bland. No meat in it...so then I saw Pozole a few entries under it. I have memories of the word. So I looked, it was basically the Chili-Hominy Soup, except it had chicken in it and no rice! Glory be! NO CORN EITHER! I HATE CORN!
Luckily, my Mom was stopping by the store (good lookin' out, . I had her pick up some Iceburg lettuce, Cilantro, a lime, two pounds chicken breast, corn tortillas and sparkling water. Or club soda, if you prefer. We love the stuff. Soda makes us sick. Sparkling water has juuuust enough sugar in it. [none]
Without her stopping, well, we'd have not enough chicken, no lime, no lettuce, and a corn tortilla shortage. The chicken was $4.00 a pound. Somehow, we got it for $2.00 a pound. Some sort of mini miracle, or, as my Dad
So I threw the stuff together. Another minicle, we had hominy on hand (exact amount I needed, too!), and we haven't used hominy for, man...at LEAST four years. I now realize how much I love hominy. I mean, it's fantastic! You know what it reminds me of, is how much I hate corn, because I love hominy just about as much as I hate corn. Hominy is so fabulous. SO unlike corn. That nasty crap!
It goes together so fast. I might keep some frozen, cubed chicken on hand along with diced onion and garlic, and if I ever need to make a good dinner, just throw it together.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 to 1.5 pounds chicken breast, diced
- 3 cups water/stock
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- 1- 4 oz. can diced green chiles
- 1 15 oz can yellow hominy, rinsed and drained
- 1 15 oz can white hominy, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, sliced thinly
- fresh corn tortillas
Combine onion and garlic in a 4 quart pan with a few tablespoons oil, or up to 1/2 cup coconut oil. Cook over med-high heat stirring constantly. When onion looks slightly transparent, add chicken.
In a separate bowl, pour one cup of water/stock, and add the flour and chili powder. Mix well. Add green chiles to the pan, and flour mixture. Mix well. Add hominy, two remaining cups of water and cook for another 15 minutes at a slow boil. Shred iceberg lettuce thinly. Heat corn tortillas in a pan or tortilla griddle.
Serve the pozole with lettuce on top. It's good with lime juice and sour cream mixed in...serve with various mexican garnishes. And apparently radishes.
I made the mistake of not salting it until I was almost done. I was thinking, "HMM, THIS TASTE BLAND!!! ...almost like it's lacking salt...nah. Hey wait, it IS lacking salt!"
I then mixed in sour cream and lime juice, too. It got lots better. TONS better. It's a nice hearty stew type thing, and did I mention how much I love hominy? It's definitely up with Stir-fry now. Stir-fry is a dish I make like, once every two weeks. Not since my Dad has been in jail though...
Now let's discuss impalement. Alice in Resident Evil 2 got 'impaled' by a uh, like a piece of metal. Man, that sounds so clever to me. "by a uh, like a piece of metal." It just makes me wanna
However, whenever I think I impalement,
For some reason, I'm suddenly thinking of Zelda...hm.
...okay then. If you get shot, are you impaled by the bullet? Uh yeah, by YOUR logic, wallycracker! Thusly, I come to the conclusion that not 'being rendered helpless' is HALF impalement. Himpaled. Like HALF stabbed. Hstabbed. I mean, it isn't even impalement really. It's just getting a free ride on popular understanding. *clinches fist, eye twitches*
By the way, when does a stabbing occur, you know, what boundary does a half-stab need to cross to become, technically, a stabbing? Is it measured on a stab-to-mass ratio? If it is, what is the math behind it? It depends also on length of blade, width of blade, thickness of blade, and damage caused by blade too, right? And what the blade is made of, as well as where...man, you must just eyeball it. Hey, I didn't mean cracker in that way. Don't cry man. Come on dude, cheer up. I didn't mean it that way...
Song of the Day is The Orphan, by the Newsboys. Why?...I mean, you know, I'm asking.
I am saddened and excited that I don't know the story of Moses (50% of what you've heard is a lie!). Saddened that I don't understand this song completely (Abrahams field?), excited that I now get to read it and be surprised.
I'm almost certain Abrahams Field was another name for 'Arcade.' You know, kind of like how 'Gentlemens Club' is another word f--(static, feed ends, black screen)
No comments:
Post a Comment