Saturday, March 03, 2007

Tomorrow

Note to see the continuance of this post here.


So, today (this afternoon (Saturday, March 3rd)) I talked (on the phone) to a dude (pastor) named (probably by his parents) Mike (that's a name you can trust!). I actually talked to him yesterday, too, but I really needed to talk to him about something particular, and I didn't get around to it yesterday.


Mike is a, like, a...how would I put it without sounding like Benny Hinn. God performs miracles through him. Hear me out, now. I would've laughed before too, because I was under the impression God didn't perform miracles anymore. He's in jail with my dad, and they're running the jail church.

Apparently, he can (God heals) people through him. Just recently, a guy in jail was going to die of cancer (they wouldn't let him seek treatment because he was in jail!) and about 20 guys laid hands on him and prayed, then he went in again and the cancer was gone. The cancer was the size of an orange, and he had gotten two checks before the check that showed up clean.

My Dad almost broke up crying like a little sissy girly man telling me about it! EEEEEWW COOTIES!!! That means he actually probably DID cry during the miracle healing!


He (Mike, or 'Pastor Boy') is getting out this Friday, and he will be going back to Texas to his family there. He's in jail for a monetary scandal at his previous job. Apparently they pressed charges against everyone who was working at his level, or something to that effect. He got three months (same as my dad), and they wanted to give him five years. He reportedly stood up during his trial and told the judge he would get less than one year.

I'm cooking for him for $25 a week; five meals ($5/meal, I make about $1.50, yeah...that's great), nothing special. Just a burrito; it can be bean and cheese or chicken chili with an Indian fry bread "tortilla"(wrapper), or a bowl of soup or whatever. Note that they're on work release, so that's how they get this food. The first time I talked to him, I knew there was something special about him. I could just feel it, you know.

Then I talked to him again yesterday. I realized that talking to him is something I need to do for the betterment of my soul. He's just constantly preaching, it's so awesome. It's what Jesus must of been like. Not that I'm comparing the two, I'm just saying. Oh, and Jesus so totally pwns Mike, especially as far as his earthly ministry goes. Oh, hey, he's more like Paul (Dec. 2007: Watch me show off my lack of knowledge of Paul's ministry! Uh! Yeah! Bust a move!). That's better.


It's like manna for my soul. So, I had him call me today (my dad did actually, they're pals, and stuff has to travel through the grapevine when you're in jail). They stay in jail on weekends as they don't work on weekends. Oh, what joy. He called from jail, and my Dad was beside him I think. He called twice, which is something like $20 for us. Chump change to be able to talk to them (although it's still very expensive). On the first call (they cut you off after 20 minutes), the last thing he said was how we are to be in this world, but not converted to it.

Of course, that was right in my subject of choice. TA, or Team A of course. I've explained it, Flash has a typically wicked audience, but I used to watch Flash animations, and I would of listened had a Christian made Flash animations.


So, I started praying he would call back (come on; I was so close to asking my question!), and, lo and behold, he called back! Usually, when me and my dad are cut off in a conversation, he doesn't call back (he effectively saves us $500 this way). Woohoo though!...anyways, and I could talk to this guy all day, or just walk around with him and listen to him talk to other people.

Then I mentioned how he mentioned the being in this world but not of it, and that was a question I need to find the answer to. That is, do I 'cast my pearls before swine', or not, and leave it up to someone else to grace that audience with a tinge of Christianity?

Not only that, but is this something that is OK to God, or of His Will?

Mike said that all good inspiration comes from God. He used America as an example, you know, we've been around for a measly amount of time and we own everyone else twice over. So, is this inspiration of God? It could be a trick of Satan, to try to tie me up with things I don't need to be tied up in.

He used the example of Veggie Tales. He said that I could make something like that, and that's true. I could very well, and actually, I am strongly considering having the Team mention Biblical topics a lot. Especially Jayme. I've got him down as using the King's English sometimes, and Samus as quoting ah, Exodus 29? Let's see if I'm right. Okay, I'm wrong. It's somewhere around there...AHA! Deuteronomy 29:29 (woo I found it without a concordance!):

"The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law."

[edited out- I kind of spazzed totally. I got caught in a whirlwind of calling Erin Esurance a whore and questioning Sam Fisher's patriotism.]


Oh man. I'm sorry. I uh, sorry. About that. It just came out. Y-, you know. Over 20 minutes time.




OK...so uh, he suggested we fast and pray for guidance on this. So, since they had something planned for dinner that night, as did we (tonight we had Chinese fried rice), we decided to do it tomorrow, starting at lunch time. We will fast for twenty-four hours, I don't know how often we'll pray. As often as we pray whilst fasting and praying, I suppose. I can tell, as can my Dad, that God put us through this just to meet Mike.

[Dec. 2007 note: I have since changed my views; see this post from December of 2007.]

The phone disconnected. I had mentioned my Aunt prays for people, and he said I should get in on some of that prayer action. Just not in those exact words...so I had to call her, you know. I was gonna call her tomorrow.


I'm patching holes in TA's story tonight like mad for some reason. Such as when Ness meets the King, how she meets him (it involves shoving a helmet onto a guard's head backwards), and something else I will not mention to not ruin the plot. Some day, I will post a recording of my voice in various tones rambling about the sun imploding. Look forward to that day of 'awenemity'!

Anyways, it's so weird how so many things hooked up to each other like that so fast. There's a whole, ALMOST-COMPLETED CHAPTER connected now!

So the phone rings. Incomplete Data (curse you Qwest may you find holes in a third of your left-footed socks!), and of course I answer and say "Is this Mike?!" like a psycho. Guess who it was, who I have not spoken to in months and months...no, not Arnold Schwarzenegger, close though. It was my Aunt whom I needed to call to have her pray for me! Hey, actually, Arnie is pretty far off. You must be a little light-headed. I've never spoken to him. Why don't you open a window, set a spell, and have a glass of lemonade, then come back and finish reading this once you've balanced your blood sugar. I'll be waiting.



Back? OK, good. Actually, it wasn't just her (my aunt) on the line. It turns out, her and her mom (my grandma, my mom's mom) are the ones who do the praying. And they were both on that phone call. Neat, right? So I told them about the fasting and praying tomorrow, and she said she wanted to pray for me right now. So she prayed for me, with her mom. I couldn't really hear what she was saying. Comforting though. I made out the words "I command it in the name of Jesus." That's good enough for me!

Sort of weird, though.

It would be a real shame if by some freak accident the radiator fluid in my Mom's Pathfinder leaks out unexpectedly, so that when she goes to work, well, she'll break down some ways down the road, and then we'll have the whole day to work on getting the Pathy fixed, you know, we might even have to go into Phoenix and meet Mike! Just speculation, though.

Hm. I'm listening to a list (35 songs) in Media Player, set on "shuffle," you know how playlists are. I like it. Anyways, Landslide of Love was on, by (the) Newsboys. I thought, "I wanna listen to 'No Signal' by TobyMac." I went to change to that song, but I thought "Wait, I wanna listen to this song."

Once Landslide of Love was over, No Signal (randomly, by no action on my part) came on. Pwnt.

[Dec. 2007 note: "No Signal" by tobyMac is forever ruined for me, as Amazing Grace is ruined for Pastor Justice. Mike's recounting of his plane trip ruined the theme of it for me.]


I wonder if Mike will be staying in Arizona any longer. Like even a day. I could drive him to the airport, or the subway, however the heck you get to Texas. The uh, bullet train, or whatever. The slingshot train.


You know, actually, Mike goes back at 6:00 PM. My Mom gets home by 4:00 PM. I could drive there and ferry him back to jail!

I've never driven by myself though. I mean, I have. But not on a freeway by any means. I might as well though. I mean, I WILL have K-Love playing, if I take the Pathfinder. Which I think I would be. Gotta impress Mike, right?


I've driven the route enough times to know it by heart, of course. It's simple, although I would be going home in the dark. Which is fine. I drive well at night. You know, you have a lot more excuses.

Kev: Well occifer, I didn't see the other car, because it was a yellow car!
Cop: Oh alright then you're free to go sorry to bother you old chap.
Kev: It's quite alright old boy, you have a nice night, sweet dreams don't let the bed bugs bite righto(wave)
Cop: Thank you sir, same to you, say 'ello to the munchkins for me yeah?
Kev: Righto, and you tell the family I said 'ello 'ey?
Cop: Righteo, will do.(waves)



Will Kev die in a fiery explosion? Will Kev ever realize that 'fiery' is pronounced 'firey,' not 'feary'?! Will Kev survive his 24-hour fast with enough brainpower left to drive to the city all by himself and ferry Mike to jail?!

TUNE IN NEXT TIME, AT A RANDOM FLYING GOBLINS OWN YOU TIME, SAME FLYING GOBLINS OWN YOU BLOG!






Everytime I hear "I feel a breeze covering me called Jehovah," a line in tobyMac's song "Made to Love," on his Portable Sounds CD, I think of riding one of those boars in the desert in Twilight Princess. Kinda like how, in that one song (I forget which one), they make the "SPACE PIRATES OH NO!" sound. Man, I swear, my heart flies out of my chest everytime on that song. I have to brace myself for it.

I think it might be "My Jesus" By Todd Agnew. I'mma go order that CD. Along with his CD with "Did You Know" on it (I like that song). I'll be right back.

Wow. Easiest time I have EVER had on Half.com. All three purchases, Grace Like Rain, Reflection of Something, and Do You See What I See? took less time to order than Portable Sounds (you know, one CD) did. All were no brainers. Praise God and goodnight!


This entry brought to you by Kev. It took him three and a half hours hard labor (sweat!) to produce this text, please enjoy in moderation.

No comments: