Monday, March 26, 2007

Zero Hour (Not the Expansion Pack!)

Right now is Zero Hour for me. I am waiting on a phone call from my Dad, which will tell me it's time to start the Turkey in the oven. 500 degrees, 30 minutes, remove from oven, foil over breast, probe in deepest part of breast, return to oven at 350 degrees.


I got made:

  • Cinnamon Rolls
  • Potato Rolls
  • Vegetable platter
  • Cranberry Sauce
  • Beverages
  • Devilled Eggs
  • Pumpkin Pie x2

I need to make (and am planning for it, like, I'm not in ANY way behind):

  • The Turkey
  • The gravy
  • The mashed potatoes
  • The green beans Amandine
  • The Sauteed Cabbage
  • The Stuffing
  • The Black-eyed peas


  • The Cinnamon rolls and potato rolls obviously need to be baked.Battery running low.
  • The devilled eggs need to be assembled, the filling is in a ziploc bag.
  • The stuffing's bread is cubed, the stock is ready (uh canned) and the celery is cut up for it- and the onions.
  • The Potatoes are all cut up, just need to be boiled then mixed.
  • Cabbage, onions and garlic for the Sauteed Cabbage is prepped.
  • The Vegetable Platter needs to be assembled
  • The beverages are chilling- 2 sprite, 2 cokes, 2 ginger ales, 6 sparkling waters


Once my Dad calls and says "Hey Kev I am out of jail, come get me please so I can come home to a most likely cluttered and most probably not filled with the aroma of Thanksgiving house!", I will begin the turkey, then I just chill until it's done. Oh, there he is now. Goodbye.

No comments: