Thursday, May 15, 2008

Another Pastor Nightmare

We were driving to my place. Ostensibly, Pastor was going to drop me off after what was probably another conference. There was news about a comet that crash landed, but somebody got video of it (I think 3 TV), and it wasn't a comet, but some armored, stronger-than-it-looks 6-wheeled moon rover. I would have no idea how this dream ends.

Somehow, in the physics-bending way dreams do, I was home, but not before I asked Pastor if he was sure he didn't want to just stay out here tonight.

We lived in a two-story house that had a really weird first story, then just a one-bedroom-sized second story. It was, once again, ostensibly in the area I live, but there were new roads...and it rained like a bleeding...uhh...pirate's face. It had rained like a bleeding pirate's face. This was a good dream.

I was sleeping on the top floor bed (the room was about 10' x 10' x 4.5-5') and my dad was on the first floor, and he and my mom were in separate beds. His was in the living room on a bed, and I guess I actually don't know if my mom and brother were there; I assume they were.


Then I got the call. "Hey Kev, is that invitation still open?" "Our house is always open to you!" I replied in my oft-heroic dream voice. "Just give us 15 minutes to pick up the garbage!" I forget what was apparently heroic about the last bit, but like someone singing the second verse of Blessed Assurance, I uttered it with due gusto.


I guess Pastor arrived, because my next move was the local Taco Bell. Which isn't local in the ..."short distance away" sense as much as in the "closest we have" sense. I forget what I did there. They have a new lady who would be a great VA, but they got rid of the old guard. VA's usually seem like airheads. Thusforth, the dataDyne's youngest child will assuredly be a great VA!


Then I was on my way home, apparently to play a trick on everyone. My dad was with me. I guess we were going to make them think somebody was breaking in. Real funny, Kev and Kev's Dad. We decided to stop by our local claw machine store. Apparently it was a claw machine store- it had 5 or 6 claw machines.


Then the nuke hit.




I am unsure of how we survived, but we did, and I was still trying to play the blown-out, but-somehow-still-operable claw machines. People had looted the stuffed animals game from them, and a group of teenagers had gathered nearby. I was attempted to knock a can of chili in the claw machine down from the top of the claw machine (there was a shelf), but the chili was frozen to another can of chili, and yeah, it was as weird a scene as it sounded. The building was gone and there was a wave of burned-out, desolated ground.

Thanks a lot, Joel 2.


My dad got bored and...picked a fight with the teenagers. There were at least three guys, and I have no idea how many girls. Two was all I saw, but I'm not sure if I was seeing the same two, because I'm horrible with faces while I'm awake, so am I when asleep, and Dream Physics enter in, but one of them was apparently passed out on top of a claw machine (maybe a failed attempt to crawl inside). Then it would seem that I saw the same one twice, or there were two more. See, there was a column where the claw machine was...let's go with the number of two.

Anyways, my dad picked a fight with them. He did great, until he tried to break the one's leg backwards. That was actually his third or fourth move. The guy broke out of the hold and then got Pop in a horrible type of arm-breaking hold, and I was like, "What do I do? Do I help that hapless idiot, or do I not get beaten and my arms broken? He does deserve it..."

About that time, I woke up. With a start. My eyes wouldn't work right, but I somehow...wait, the dream is over. Yeah, we got nuked...but the claw machines still worked. They're like cockroaches!

2 comments:

Horsegoggles said...

I think I would be afraid to go to sleep after that one. I wonder if it somehow relates to my dream about glueing a mattress to the ceiling of the local taco bell, and spending the entire night trying to get it down. Your sure you had no pizza?

CorwinFan15 said...

Now you're dreaming about mattresses glued to the ceiling? I worry about you. What's next, the Light Suit on the ceiling?


Hum...I had no pizza (is that what triggers the glue-ceiling dreams for you?), but did ingest above-average levels of basil two days ago. I will post the recipe next time I make it, it was great, and easy. Parsley is my new favorite herb, by the way. I ate some raw last night, it's very interesting.