Monday, May 05, 2008

Back to the Heart of Gaming

It's happened.


I'm not sure where...I'm not sure when. It was probably very gradual. Gradual Syrup.

Have you ever lived life, only to find out that you were living life only because you were alive, not because you had something to live for? Life Shroom.

That's what happened to me with gaming. I believe that dramatic turns of events- mainly typical teenage brain development- have caused a detachment from what gaming really is. Dizzy Dial. I believe Romans 1:22 applies for me:

(KJV): Romans 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

Then there's I Corinthians 1:20, and, well, you could run the verses, in the end I've been a fool. I...think.



To conflict my new mind I seem to be developing, I'm starting over. Forgetting and abolishing my overly strict, outdated programs and misplaced, legalistically dispensed loyalties belonging to undeserving or overly-worthy candidates like some sort of medieval system of lords jockeying for position. Back to a time akin to returning to a field of daisies after wandering a field of wildflowers when your favorite color is yellow.


I'm going back to the heart of gaming. I'll begin by forgetting all others and playing Super Mario 64. En garde, mind. You shall be brought into captivity.

No comments: