I decided to take some photographs of the gang of dogs that runs around here. Between this gang of dogs and the coyotes our dogs have plenty of barking to do. There's...five, I think. All black. I think. One has a bull-dog look, the others look generic.
In the picture is the last one leaving; you can see it across the street. Those two dogs in the photo are Penny (visible) and Tessa.
Here they are a little closer. I like the picture. All five of our dogs are in it.
Penny, visible again, and Tessa, with her head cut off, again. Lol. After that, I decided to go back in, because I didn't even have flip flops on, and it was cold. However, I decided to stop and take a picture of Popoe longing for the outdoors first.
You can see the drops of blood forming, which I can only assume were caused by the breaking of veins.
Now the question is, what happened?
Well, Popoe ran out the door as soon as I opened it. He's never done that before. I assume that me standing there let him get his courage up. Regardless, I gave chase.
Then I came to a few possible offenders which could have ripped such a hole in my skin and flesh. Either the angle iron steel bedframe, or the corner of the wooden wire holder, or the dog's dog food sink, or an unknown object. I, personally, think it was the old sink that we feed the dogs in. I accidentally clipped it. The edge of the sink is dull and rounded, so I can only surmise the flesh was ripped, or "scooped" out.
Yeck. Here's Popoe being wrangled in. He thought he was a tom cat all of a sudden. Hair was standing up, he gave no heed to no one, not even the five dogs (who didn't freak out or anything; they did very good considering they've only met him once).
You might wonder how I got so close to him to take pictures while he was in Tom Cat Mode.
The answer is simple. I was holding him by his tail. Hahahaha, what a vulnerable appendage that is. I love how he looks back angrily. He tries and tries to "get" me, but each time he tries, his own butt raises away from him and he has to stop his attack to regain balance.
Here is the picture of it a few minutes later inside the house.
Now, I wait for the comments. "Oh Kev, put a gallon of water on the stove and put your foot in it then slowly heat it and wait for it to BOIL." "Oh Kev, vinegar sprayed into that wound at high pressure will help- get the pressure washer!"
"Oh Kev, you'll have to cauterize that. It's simple. All you do is..."
5 comments:
Uh yeah. I think you should clean that out somehow. Maybe since you're such a real man, with a wire brush? Or maybe just peroxide. It won't burn at all, just makes pretty, pretty foam.
Peroixde? Real men clean their wounds with Wiskey while smoking a cigarette. At least that's what TV taught me, ROFLOL!
Lol, which programs have you been watching? Obviously not ER!
Not that I watch ER.
Or whatever the show is called.
My brother is the one who watches it.
I'm going to post "How to dress a gaping foot wound" in a bit here. And I'll use my gaping foot wound as an example.
I don't watch TV, well I must confess that I do have a weakness for Paula Dean. I think those were shows I watched when I was younger. John Wayne comes to mind, although I am not sure the name of the movie. He drank and smoked a lot and was considered a "real man" by American standards.
Ooh. I despise Paula Deen.
She looks so, so, so, so plastic. She must have an entire crew of makeup artists.
I do hear she has good recipes...I just don't like her makeup. Way too thick. So I guess I am judging the book by its cover, but that still doesn't mean I have to like her!
Speaking of which, here is the How to Dress a Wound post.
Me and my mom were talking last night about how people (men) think they have to conform to societies standards to be "real men." What dolts! lol
Post a Comment